West Chester Food Cupboard
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
The West Chester Food Cupboard commits to provide a variety of fresh and nonperishable healthy food items to West Chester residents in need...because no one should go hungry.
The West Chester Food Cupboard is one of the largest hunger relief agencies in Chester County. We are the primary source of food assistance for low-income residents living in the West Chester Area School District. We provide food and basic personal care items free of charge to households whose income falls at 150% of or below the federal poverty level. West Chester Food Cupboard is a 100% volunteer-run organization with no paid staff.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The filing clearly states the mission of the non-profit as “The organization intends to provide its service for no consideration. the organization provides aproximately a 14 day supply of food, free of charge, on a monthly basis. to be eligible, clients must live in west chester and must be below 150% of the federal poverty level.”.
When outlining its functions, they were explained as: “This is a food cupboard, staffed by volunteers, which provides aproximately a 14 day supply of food, free of charge, on a monthly basis to people living in west chester, chester county, pa. the goal is to provide nourishment to those in need.”.
- In compliance with legal regulations, the non-profit has reported their state of operation as PA.
- The filing records the non-profit's address for 2020 as 431 S BOLMAR ST, WEST CHESTER, PA, 19382.
- As of 2020, the non-profit's form reports a total of 0 employees.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $81,806.
- The compensation of the CEO of the organization is not based on an independent review and approval process.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 7 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 2012.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $0 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $26,042 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Greater Washington County Food BankBrownsville, PA
One organization - four foci - departmentally segmented - inextricably united GWCFB mission “ To form lasting solutions to hunger insecurity through effective food distribution systems; educate and empower the needy in seeking positive lifestyle changes; and create awareness through individuals and community partners.“ Healthy Habits Training Center “Offering classes and training to teach, empower, and enable our neighbors...' The Farm Mission “Advocating community partnerships -- Innovative methods growing healthy foods --promoting healthy habits and healthy eating.' Country Thrift Market “Our mission is to support the community by providing affordable goods and training while also supporting the Greater Washington County Food Bank fight against food insecurities.'
Grace Community Food PantryGrove City, PA
The mission of the food pantry is to provide nutritious food and other basic necessities to underprivileged individuals and families residing in the Grove City School District. We will endeavor at all times to treat our clients with integrity, dignity, and respect. We will ethically manage our resources in such a way as to warrant the trust and confidence placed in us by our donors and our funding sources.
Daily Bread Community Food Pantry Inc.Schwenksville, PA
Our mission is to eliminate hunger in the Perkiomen area by providing residents in need with programs that provide food, promote the value of nutrition, increase self-sufficiency, and instill hope. In doing so, the Daily Bread Community Food Pantry helps to ensure that food relief has a more meaningful, enduring impact.
Feeding PennsylvaniaLemoyne, PA
Feeding Pennsylvania is a partnership formed among Pennsylvania's Feeding America member food banks. Our collective effort promotes and aids our members in securing food and other resources to reduce hunger and food insecurity for their communities and across Pennsylvania, and provides a shared voice on the issues of hunger and food access within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Greater Pittsburgh Community Food BankDuquesne, PA
The mission of Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank is to feed people in need and mobilize our community to eliminate hunger. We are a proud member of Feeding America. The Food Bank leadership and board of directors have a shared vision of a hunger-free southwestern Pennsylvania.
By donating on this page you are making an irrevocable contribution to Daffy Charitable Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity, and a subsequent donation recommendation to the charity listed above, subject to our Member Agreement. Contributions are generally eligible for a charitable tax-deduction and a yearly consolidated receipt will be provided by Daffy. Processing fees may be applied and will reduce the value available to send to the end charity. The recipient organizations have not provided permission for this listing and have not reviewed the content.
Donations to organizations are distributed as soon as the donation is approved and the funds are available. In the rare event that Daffy is unable to fulfill the donation request to this charity, you will be notified and given the opportunity to choose another charity. This may occur if the charity is unresponsive or if the charity is no longer in good standing with regulatory authorities.