Public Broadcasting Service
Public Broadcasting Service
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for Public Broadcasting Service? Learn more here.
About this organization
THE PUBLIC BROADCASTING SERVICE (PBS), INCORPORATED IN 1969, IS A MEMBERSHIP ORGANIZATION THAT IN PARTNERSHIP WITH ITS MEMBER STATIONS SERVES THE AMERICAN (CONTINUED ON SCHEDULE O)
CONTENT REPRESENTS APPROXIMATELY 1,562 HOURS OF BROADCAST CONTENT, PROVIDED BY PBS TO ITS 153 MEMBER PUBLIC TELEVISION LICENSEES, TO INFORM, INSPIRE, ENGAGE, AND EDUCATE. THIS EXPENSE CATEGORY INCLUDES COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ADMINISTERING PROGRAMMING, INCLUDING CONTENT OVERSIGHT, PROGRAM SCHEDULING AND PACKAGING. PBS CAPITALIZES THE COST OF PURCHASED BROADCAST RIGHTS (OBTAINED PRINCIPALLY FOR THE NATIONAL PROGRAM SERVICE), CHARGING SUCH RIGHTS TO EXPENSE WHEN THE PROGRAM IS MADE AVAILABLE TO MEMBER STATIONS FOR INITIAL BROADCAST. (Continued on Schedule O)
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The non-profit's mission, as documented in the filing, is “See schedule o”.
When explaining its purpose, the activities were described as: “The public broadcasting service (pbs), is a membership organization that in partnership with its member stations ( continued - schedule o )”.
- The non-profit is legally allowed to operate in the state of DC, as reported.
- The filing provides the non-profit's address in 2017 as 2100 CRYSTAL DRIVE 3RD FLOOR, ARLINGTON, VA, 22202.
- The non-profit has a total of 583 employees, as reported on their form for 2017.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Has foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$51,311,563.
- The CEO compensation strategy within the organization is determined through a review and approval process by a neutral party.
- The organization elects its board members.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 26 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1969.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization engages in lobbying activities.
- The organization pays $72,928,692 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $64,850 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has grants to organizations.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
Persephone Productions Inc.
Falls Church, VA
THE ORGANIZATION PRODUCES AN ALL FEMALE NEWS ANALYSIS SERIES FOR NATIONAL PUBLIC TELEVISION STATIONS. THE MISSION IS TO PRODUCE TELEVISION SHOWS WHICH PROVIDE BALANCED NEWS ANALYSIS THAT OFFERS A DEBATE/DISCUSSION PLATFORM FOR WOMEN OF ALL POLITICAL PERSUASIONS AND ETHNIC ORIGINS.