George Washington University
George Washington University
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for George Washington University? Learn more here.
About this organization
EDUCATION AND RESEARCH
EDUCATION: OUR NAMESAKE ENVISIONED A UNIVERSITY IN THE NATION'S CAPITAL THAT WOULD PREPARE CITIZEN LEADERS BROUGHT TOGETHER FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD. TODAY, WE ARE THAT UNIVERSITY WITH STUDENTS AND FACULTY MEMBERS FROM EVERY STATE AND MORE THAN 130 COUNTRIES. TAKING FULL ADVANTAGE OF OUR SETTING IN A GLOBAL NERVE CENTER, A GW EDUCATION INTEGRATES INTELLECTUAL DISCOVERY, INTERACTIVE LEARNING, AND UNPARALLELED ACCESS TO OPPORTUNITIES IN EVERY SECTOR OF SOCIETY. IN A CITY SHAPING THE FUTURE, GEORGE WASHINGTON IS A UNIVERSITY WHERE FACULTY AND STUDENTS NOT ONLY STUDY THE WORLD BUT ALSO WORK TO CHANGE IT.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The non-profit's mission, as described in the filing, is “See schedule o”.
When describing its duties, they were characterized as: “Education and research - see schedule o”.
- The non-profit has complied with legal regulations by reporting their state of operation as DC.
- The filing shows that the non-profit's address as of 2017 is 2121 EYE ST NW 801, WASHINGTON, DC, 20052.
- As of 2017, the non-profit has reported a total of 15863 employees on their form.
- The non-profit has loans outstanding as of 2017.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Operates a school.
- Collects art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Has foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$61,154,181.
- The compensation of the CEO of the organization is subject to review and approval by an independent body.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has a foreign financial account.
- The organization has 33 independent voting members.
- The organization has a professional fund raiser.
- The organization was formed in 1821.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization engages in lobbying activities.
- The organization pays $665,228,586 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $25,117,942 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization pays grants to individuals.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has a business related family member transaction.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization has grants to organizations.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
HAMPTON UNIVERSITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE INSTITUTION OF HIGHER EDUCATION, DEDICATED TO THE PROMOTION OF LEARNING, BUILDING OF CHARACTER, AND THE PREPARATION OF PROMISING STUDENTS FOR POSITIONS OF LEADERSHIP AND SERVICE. ITS CURRICULAR EMPHASIS IS SCIENTIFIC AND PROFESSIONAL WITH STRONG LIBERAL ARTS UNDERGIRDING. IN CARRYING OUT ITS MISSION, THE UNIVERSITY REQUIRES THAT EVERYTHING THAT IT DOES BE OF THE HIGHEST QUALITY. A HISTORICALLY BLACK INSTITUTION, HAMPTON UNIVERSITY IS COMMITTED TO MULTICULTURALISM. THE UNIVERSITY SERVES STUDENTS FROM DIVERSE NATIONAL, CULTURAL, AND ECONOMIC BACKGROUNDS.
Shenandoah University educates and inspires individuals to be critical, reflective thinkers; lifelong learners; and ethical, compassionate citizens who are committed to making responsible contributions within a community, a nation and the world. A Shenandoah University education incorporates scholarship, experiential learning and sophisticated technologies as well as practical wisdom. The University provides students with the academic content and analytical skills they'll need to launch successful careers, and harness technologies that will enable them to create new ideas, products and services that impact a global society.
University of Lynchburg
University of Lynchburg, a private coeducational institution founded in 1903 in covenant with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), offers distinctive undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs that reflect its commitment to teaching and learning, scholarship, and service to the broader community.
FOUNDED IN 1950, MARYMOUNT UNIVERSITY IS AN INDEPENDENT, COMPREHENSIVE CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OFFERING A FULL RANGE OF GRADUATE AND UNDERGRADUATE COURSES AND DEGREE PROGRAMS FOR STUDENTS OF ALL AGES THROUGH ITS MAIN CAMPUS, ITS BALLSTON CAMPUS, THE RESTON CENTER, AND THROUGH OUTREACH ACTIVITIES IN VIRGINIA.
Emory & Henry College
With a mission statement founded upon "Increase in Excellence", the College is consistently ranked among the nation's best private liberal arts institutions. Emory & Henry College is among the top 40 institutions in the nation that transforms students' lives, as noted in one of the nation's best-selling college guide books. "Virginia has no shortage of familiar schools with robust reputations. But Emory & Henry does the finest job of them all of producing contributors to society" (Oswald, Colleges that Change Lives). Among other top rankings, the institution is recognized for its service to communities through service learning and engagement. It has consistently received top tier recognition in the Washington Monthly, USA Today, and Newsweek. E&H faculty has earned more State and National awards than any other college in Virginia.
Eastern Mennonite University
A leader among faith-based universities, Eastern Mennonite University emphasizes peace-building, creation care, experiential learning, and cross cultural engagement. Founded in 1917 in Harrisonburg, Virginia, EMU is an educational institution of Mennonite Church USA. EMU services students in diverse religious and cultural backgrounds and confers undergraduate, graduate, (Continued on Schedule O, Statement 1)
Mary Baldwin University
Mary Baldwin University empowers leaders to pursue lives of purpose in a changing world. As a distinctive small university committed to its rich heritage as an inclusive, women-centered liberal arts college, Mary Baldwin fulfills its mission by providing undergraduate, graduate, and professional education to a diverse population of women and men. It emphasizes high ethical standards and the development of critical, creative, and reflective reasoning as the foundation for fulfilling, engaged, and meaningful lives.