Boys Home of Virginia
Boys Home of Virginia
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for Boys Home of Virginia? Learn more here.
About this organization
The mission of Boys Home of Virginia is to strive toward helping each resident develop his potential physically, mentally, socially and spiritually. Our vision is to be a community that inspires young men to positively impact those around them.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The filing documents outline the non-profit's mission as “Provide spiritual and educational environment to approximately 40 boys in need of shelter and guidance.”.
When outlining the tasks it performs, they were referred to as: “Provide spiritual and educational environment to approximately 40 boys in need of shelter and guidance.”.
- The non-profit's reported state of operation is VA as per legal requirements.
- The filing reveals that the address of the non-profit in 2017 is 306 BOYS HOME RD, COVINGTON, VA, 24426.
- As of 2017, the non-profit has 62 employees reported on their 990 form.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Provides credit counseling.
- Has foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$2,060,454.
- The compensation policy for the CEO of the organization is established through a review and endorsement from an independent source.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 18 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1906.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $2,089,505 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $246,749 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization pays grants to individuals.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
The Nature Conservancy
The mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Our vision is a world where the diversity of life thrives, and people act to conserve nature for its own sake and its ability to fulfill our needs and enrich our lives.
Virginia Hospital Center Arlington Health System
The mission of Virginia Hospital Center (VHC) is simply To Be the Best Hospital. VHC has provided exceptional medical services to the Washington, DC metropolitan area for more than 75 years and is regularly named one of America's 100 Top Hospitals. VHC is a not-for-profit teaching hospital with 453 patient beds within a 530,0000 square foot state-of-the-art facility. VHC is a proud member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, which demonstrates a strong commitment to quality healthcare.