Boy Scouts of America Tidewater Council
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
The mission of the Boy Scouts of America is to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The purpose of the non-profit is listed in the filing as “Education of america's youth”.
When discussing its operations, they were characterized as: “Education of america's youth”.
- The form submitted by the non-profit for 2020 shows a total of 56 employees.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $49,705.
- The remuneration plan for the CEO of the organization is based on a review and approval process by a neutral entity.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 52 independent voting members.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $1,049,039 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $73,032 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Solid Ground Ministries IncorporatedTappahannock, VA
To provide a safe place for students to hang out, to find fellowship and to be immersed in the love and teachings of Jesus Christ. To provide a safe place for students to talk about the 'hard topics' of teen pregnancy, sexual abstinence, drug and alcohol and career planning and to help them walk through these tough situations and decisions with Jesus and his teachings as the guide.
Close Up FoundationAlexandria, VA
The nonprofit, nonpartisan Close Up Foundation's mission is to inform, inspire, and empower young people to exercise the rights and accept the responsibilities of citizens in a democracy. Close Up brings middle and high school students and teachers from across the nation and around the world to Washington, D.C., for a firsthand look at the federal government and the development of public policy. Close Up connects youth to their communities through challenging education programs and in-class resources, making civic learning a meaningful experience. Since 1971, Close Up has remained focused on the value of citizenship and the importance of an educated electorate, aware that a healthy democracy requires teaching and sharing the required skills and motivations with each generation.
Urban Mountain AdventuresLynchburg, VA
UMA exists to serve the community in a positive way by encouraging teens to turn off their cellphones and computers, step out of their comfort zones, and set off on a real adventure. We desire to impact teens by leading them on wilderness experiences (contd on Sch O)
Helping Haitian AngelsHaymarket, VA
Our Mission: HHA follows the biblical directive to rescue and care for vulnerable children by providing family-style loving care and sustainable solutions that fight against Haiti’s child abandonment crisis. We love, honor and raise future leaders who will promote a more just society in Haiti through programs that equip Haitians to become the authors of their own development.
New Life Youth Sports OrganizationChantilly, VA
NLYSO PROMOTES AND EDUCATES YOUTH IN SPORTSMANSHIP AND VALUES CONSISTENT WITH ITS RELATED CHARITY, NEW LIFE CHRISTIAN CHURCH ("CHURCH"), AND CREATES SAFE PLACES AND OPPORTUNITIES FOR PEOPLE TO CONNECT WITH EACH OTHER AND DISCOVER GOD. THE ORGANIZATION DIRECTS REVENUE THAT IT RECEIVES TO THE CHURCH. THE ORGANIZATION'S DIRECTORS AND OFFICERS ARE REQUIRED TO BE BOARD MEMBERS OR OFFICERS OF THE CHURCH. THE ORGANIZATION PROVIDES OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOUTH AND AMATEUR ATHLETES TO DEVELOP ATHLETIC SKILLS ACROSS A VARIETY OF SPORTS AND CULTIVATE CHARACTER TRAITS BENEFICIAL TO THEIR COMPETITIVE SPIRIT AND THE COMMUNITY AT LARGE. THESE CHARACTER TRAITS INCLUDE GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP, LEADERSHIP, SELF- DISCIPLINE AND THE ABILITY TO PLAY WELL INDIVIDUALLY AND AS PART OF A TEAM. THESE TRAITS WILL HELP THE ATHLETES NOT ONLY PERFORM BETTER, BUT ALSO BE BETTER MEMBERS OF THE COMUNITY. TO ACCOMPLISH THESE GOALS, THE ORGANIZATION PROVIDES AMATEUR LEAGUES AND OTHER ATHLETIC PROGRAMS TO FOSTER COMPETITION AND SK
Rockingham County 4-HHarrisonburg, VA
The mission of the Rockingham 4-H is to support a program of leadership, citizenship, and life skills by assisting youth and adults to attain their full potential - becoming effective, contributing citizens through participation in research-based, non-formal, hands-on educational experiences.
Real Food for KidsArlington, VA
To collaborate with school communities to elevate the quality and character of school food, develop and deliver programs that advance literacy in nutrition and health, and engage students, parents, and schools in building a culture of health that spreads to their homes and communities.