Boy Scouts of America Tidewater Council
Boy Scouts of America Tidewater Council
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for Boy Scouts of America Tidewater Council? Learn more here.
About this organization
The mission of the Boy Scouts of America is to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The purpose of the non-profit is listed in the filing as “Education of america's youth”.
When discussing its operations, they were characterized as: “Education of america's youth”.
- The form submitted by the non-profit for 2017 shows a total of 15 employees.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$67,699.
- The remuneration plan for the CEO of the organization is based on a review and approval process by a neutral entity.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 67 independent voting members.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $1,029,485 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $136,558 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
Close Up Foundation
The nonprofit, nonpartisan Close Up Foundation’s mission is to inform, inspire, and empower young people to exercise the rights and accept the responsibilities of citizens in a democracy. Close Up brings middle and high school students and teachers from across the nation and around the world to Washington, D.C., for a firsthand look at the federal government and the development of public policy. Close Up connects youth to their communities through challenging education programs and in-class resources, making civic learning a meaningful experience. Since 1971, Close Up has remained focused on the value of citizenship and the importance of an educated electorate, aware that a healthy democracy requires teaching and sharing the required skills and motivations with each generation.
Youth For Tomorrow New Life Center Inc
The mission of Youth For Tomorrow is to provide children and families with the opportunity to focus their lives and develop the confidence, skills, intellectual ability, spiritual insight and moral integrity - each based on Godly principles, resulting in positive changes to the benefit of the child, the family, the community, and the nation.
Young America's Foundation
Young America's Foundation, the principal outreach organization of the conservative movement, is committed to ensuring that increasing numbers of young Americans understand and are inspired by the ideas of individual freedom, a strong national defense, free enterprise, and traditional values. The Foundation introduces thousands of American youth to these principles by providing essential conferences, seminars, educational materials, internships and speakers to young people across the country.
Skills Usa Foundation, Inc.
SkillsUSA’s mission is to empower our members to become world-class workers, leaders and responsible American citizens. SkillsUSA is a membership association of almost 400,000 students and educators partnering with business and industry to help ensure that the U.S. has a well-prepared rising skilled workforce. The SkillsUSA Foundation receives financial and in-kind support for the national mission-related programs, projects and events of SkillsUSA.