L C Ind Inc.
L C Ind Inc.
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for L C Ind Inc.? Learn more here.
About this organization
TO EMPLOY AND TEACH THE VISUALLY IMPAIRED
THE ORGANIZATION EMPLOYED VISUALLY IMPAIRED INDIVIDIUALS WHO MANUFACTURED MATTRESSES, MATTRESS COVERS, FILE FOLDERS, WALLET ENVELOPES, MOPS, WATER CANS, PAPER PRODUCTS AND OTHER PLASTICS. THE ORGANIZATION ALSO OPERATED RETAIL STORES THAT SELL BLIND-MADE PRODUCTS.THE ORGANIZATION'S DIRECT BLIND WORKFORCE AT 6/30/19 CONSISTED OF 298 INDIVIDUALS.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The purpose of the non-profit is stated in the filing as “The organization's mission is to provide meaningful employment for people who are legally blind.”.
Their activities were defined as: “To employ and teach the visually handicapped”.
- As per legal requirements, the non-profit's state of operation is reported as NC.
- The non-profit's address in 2017 as per the filing is 4500 EMPEROR BOULEVARD, DURHAM, NC, 27703.
- The form of the non-profit organization shows 886 employees as of 2017.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $1,809,613.
- The organization has 7 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1958.
- The organization pays $30,352,265 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $0 in fundraising expenses.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
paws4people's mission is educating and empowering people to utilize Assistance Dogs to transform their lives. Since its founding in 1999, paws4people has placed over 850 highly trained Assistance Dogs providing support in areas such as mobility and psychiatric service, educational and rehabilitative assistance, and social therapy. Together, these Dogs have made more than 1,000,000 therapeutic contacts. paws4people specializes in training customized Service Dogs for two general groups: children and adolescents with physical, neurological, psychiatric, or emotional disabilities; and Veterans and Service Members with Chronic/Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (C-PTSD), Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI), and Military Sexual Trauma (MST)/Sexual Trauma (ST).