Haywood Habitat for Humanity
Haywood Habitat for Humanity
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for Haywood Habitat for Humanity? Learn more here.
About this organization
Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry dedicated to eliminating substandard housing and homelessness worldwide and to making adequate, affordable shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people from all faiths and walks of life to work together in partnership, building houses with families in need.
Interesting data from their 2018 990 filing
The non-profit's mission is outlined in the filing as being “Construct houses for low-income families, provide no-interest loans, and eliminate sub-standard housing.”.
When outlining its responsibilities, they were referred to as: “Construct houses for low-income families, provide no-interest loans, and eliminate sub-standard housing.”.
- The state in which the non-profit operates has been officially reported as NC.
- As per the non-profit's form for 2018, they have 15 employees on their payroll.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are between $500,000 and $1,000,000+.
- Revenue is between $500,000 and $1,000,000+.
- Revenue less expenses is $108,422.
- The CEO salary policy within the organization is subject to review and endorsement by an impartial party.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 14 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1990.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $261,898 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $39,003 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has a business related organization transaction.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
The mission of Duke University is to provide a superior liberal education to undergraduate students, attending not only to their intellectual growth but also to their development as adults committed to high ethical standards and full participation as leaders in their communities; to prepare future members of the learned professions for lives of skilled and ethical service by providing excellent graduate and professional education; to advance the frontiers of knowledge and contribute boldly to the international community of scholarship; to promote an intellectual environment built on a commitment to free and open inquiry; to help those who suffer, cure disease, and promote health, through sophisticated medical research and thoughtful patient care; to provide wide ranging educational opportunities, on and beyond our campuses, for traditional students, active professionals and life-long learners using the power of information technologies; and to promote a deep appreciation for the range of human difference and potential, a sense of the obligations and rewards of citizenship, and a commitment to learning, freedom and truth.