National Society To Prevent Blindness - North Carolina Affiliate, Inc.
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
To prevent blindness and preserve sight through direct services and programs, education and advocacy.
Interesting data from their 2019 990 filing
The mission of the non-profit, as stated in the filing, is “To prevent blindness and preserve sight of people in north carolina.”.
When referring to its tasks, they were described as: “To prevent blindness and preserve sight of people in north carolina.”.
- The non-profit is operating legally in the state of NC.
- The non-profit's address for the year 2019 is listed as 4011 WESTCHASE BLVD STE 225, RALEIGH, NC, 27607 in the filing.
- The form submitted by the non-profit organization for 2019 reports 9 employees.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$23,417.
- The CEO compensation package within the organization is established through a review and approval process by an independent body.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 30 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1967.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization engages in lobbying activities.
- The organization pays $760,546 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $121,748 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Sisters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul Social Ministries IncorporateArchdale, NC
Sisters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul Social Ministries, Incorporated organized a faith-based minority women's non-profit corporation to provide awareness for crime prevention and to improve the quality of life through preschool and after-school educational opportunities for children, especially the poor and needy, in a spiritual, bilingual, multicultural atmosphere and to provide other youth and family services through educational, religious and socio-cultural programs and activities.
Ida and Asset Building Collaborative of North CarolinaRaleigh, NC
The Collaborative's mission is to close the wealth gap in North Carolina. We advocate on behalf of financially vulnerable communities by collaborating with financial institutions, nonprofits, and local government agencies across the state to educate people on building wealth. We believe everyone regardless of their skin color, physical abilities, or financial circumstances deserves an equal opportunity to build wealth.
Read and FeedCary, NC
Read and Feed is a non-profit whose mission is to give low-income children an appetite for reading. We partner with elementary schools, churches, community centers and other non-profit organizations to identify at-risk children in grades K-5 who have fallen behind in reading proficiency. We take our mobile classrooms into the community four nights a week for 33 weeks to feed and tutor these children.
Barnabas NetworkGreensboro, NC
The Barnabas Network, a nonprofit organization, through a collaborative effort of diverse faith communities and social agencies, offers systemic encouragement including basic home furnishings for families and individuals who are moving from homelessness, recovering from a major setback, fleeing domestic violence, or living with incomes that cannot cover basic needs.
By donating on this page you are making an irrevocable contribution to Daffy Charitable Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity, and a subsequent donation recommendation to the charity listed above, subject to our Member Agreement. Contributions are generally eligible for a charitable tax-deduction and a yearly consolidated receipt will be provided by Daffy. Processing fees may be applied and will reduce the value available to send to the end charity. The recipient organizations have not provided permission for this listing and have not reviewed the content.
Donations to organizations are distributed as soon as the donation is approved and the funds are available. In the rare event that Daffy is unable to fulfill the donation request to this charity, you will be notified and given the opportunity to choose another charity. This may occur if the charity is unresponsive or if the charity is no longer in good standing with regulatory authorities.