Roper Hospital Inc.
Roper Hospital Inc.
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for Roper Hospital Inc.? Learn more here.
About this organization
Operation of nonprofit hospital facility in Charleston, SC.
Roper Hospital builds on a long legacy of excellence. Founded in 1829 as the first community hospital in the Carolinas, downtown Roper Hospital today is one of the most trusted names in the Lowcountry. In 2018, Roper Hospital contributed $24.3 million in community benefit. These benefits included charity care, unreimbursed Medicaid, and numerous sponsorships and community outreach programs (see Schedule H for additional details). Overall, the hospital contributed nearly 2,400 volunteer staff hours for activities such as health fairs, career days and public programs that benefited over 4,000 individuals in the community.Some of the national accolades Roper Hospital received in 2018 include:- Outstanding Patient Experience Award from Healthgrades. The award is based on data gathered from 10 patient experience measures, including data collected from a 32-question survey of the hospitals' patients. - Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence from Healthgrades for rating in the top 5 percent nationally for the lowest risk-adjusted mortality and complication rates across at least 21 of 332 common procedures- Ranked among the best in the state by U.S. News and World Report- BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina Blue Distinction Center for delivering improved safety and better outcomes in cardiac care- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get with the Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement AwardIn 2018, Roper Rehabilitation Hospital, which is part of Roper Hospital, added 14 new beds with the opening of the Wendy C. H. Wellin and Keith S. Wellin Neuro Stroke Center. The addition is designed to offer the latest in rehabilitation technology to enable our team to provide more comprehensive services.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The purpose of the non-profit, as set forth in the filing, is “Healing all people with compassion, faith, and excellence.”.
When discussing its purpose, they were characterized as: “Operation of nonprofit hospital facility in charleston, sc.”.
- The state in which the non-profit is legally authorized to operate is SC, as reported.
- The filing confirms that the non-profit's address in 2017 was 8536 Palmetto Commerce Pkwy No 201, Ladson, SC, 29456.
- The form of the non-profit reports 2069 employees as of 2017.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $63,785,541.
- The organization has 7 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1986.
- The organization pays $154,212,615 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $0 in fundraising expenses.