Habitat for Humanity of Spartanburg
Habitat for Humanity of Spartanburg
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for Habitat for Humanity of Spartanburg? Learn more here.
About this organization
Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry dedicated to eliminating substandard housing and homelessness worldwide and to making adequate, affordable shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people from all faiths and walks of life to work together in partnership, building houses with families in need.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The non-profit's mission is outlined in the filing as being “Habitat for humanity of spartanburg is an ecumenical christian ministry that changes lives by building decent, affordable homes in partnership with spartanburg county families in need.”.
When outlining its responsibilities, they were referred to as: “Habitat for humanity of spartanburg is an ecumenical christian ministry that changes lives by building decent, affordable homes in partnership with spartanburg county families in need.”.
- The state in which the non-profit operates has been officially reported as SC.
- The filing reveals the non-profit's address in 2017 to be 2270 S PINE STREET, SPARTANBURG, SC, 29302.
- As per the non-profit's form for 2017, they have 19 employees on their payroll.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $235,323.
- The CEO salary policy within the organization is subject to review and endorsement by an impartial party.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 19 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1987.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $568,759 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $55,797 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
South Carolina Community Loan Fund
Our mission is to advance equitable access to capital to build assets and benefit communities and people most in need of economic opportunity. • We accomplish our mission by providing loans, technical assistance, advocacy, and knowledge for the development of affordable housing, healthy food enterprises, community facilities, and community businesses. • Acknowledging that the need for our work is rooted in generations of injustice and disinvestment, we focus on serving people of color, women, low-income individuals, and those in rural communities.
COMMUNITYWORKS IS A PUBLICLY SUPPORTED ORGANIZATION AND CERTIFIED COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT FINANCIAL INSTITUTION THAT PROVIDES FUNDING TO PROMOTE AFFORDABLE HOUSING AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT TO HELP STABILIZE LOW WEALTH FAMILIES AND COMMUNITIES IN THE STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA.
Eastern Carolina Homelessness Organization Inc.
Myrtle Beach, SC
Services for homeless individuals including development and maintenance of databases created for the purpose of providing assistance in obtaining proper and necessary identification documents and providing temporary and permanent supportive housing for homeless persons