Greenville County First Steps
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
First Steps provides support and coordinated services to meet the developmental needs of children from birth to age five. We work in partnership with parents, caregivers, childcare providers and other community stakeholders and focus on serving families whose children are at risk of school failure.
Interesting data from their 2019 990 filing
The filing reveals the mission of the non-profit as “Per south carolina code of laws section 59-152-10: there is established the south carolina first steps to school readiness, a comprehensive, results- oriented initiative for improving early childhood development by providing, through local partnerships, public and private funds, and support for high-quality early childhood development and education services for children by providing support for their families' efforts toward enabling their children to reach school ready to succeed.”.
When detailing its functions, they were listed as: “Per south carolina code of laws section 59-152-10: there is established the south carolina first steps to school readiness, a comprehensive, results- oriented initiative for improving early childhood development by providing, through local partnerships, public and private funds, and support for high-quality early childhood development and education services for children by providing support for their families' efforts toward enabling their children to reach school ready to succeed.”.
- According to the law, the state where the non-profit operates has been reported as SC.
- The filing specifies that the non-profit's address in 2019 was 700 N PLEASANTBURG DR, GREENVILLE, SC, 29607.
- As of 2019, the non-profit's form shows they have a total of 7 employees.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $150,438.
- The CEO compensation scheme within the organization is based on a review and endorsement process by a neutral entity.
- The organization has 25 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1999.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $336,817 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $0 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Dobys Bridge Elementary PtoFort Mill, SC
The PTO has been formed to promote the general welfare of all the children who are students attending Dobys Bridge Elementary School to provide assistance to the faculty and staff in facilitating an excellent educational environment, and to foster cooperation and understanding between parents and/or legal guardians, faculty, students, and community.
Orangeburg Christian Academy Inc.Orangeburg, SC
Orangeburg Christian Academy's purpose is to provide a high quality academic education in a Christian atmosphere where values and morals are taught and incorporated into the curriculum. The school will emphasize spiritual growth, academic excellence, patriotism, moral excellence and character building. Tuition and fees will be charged to the students and funds are raised to accomplish this purpose.
Thornwell Charter SchoolClinton, SC
Students at Thornwell Charter School will learn and develop in a rigorous, personalized academic environment that fosters a love for learning, in an individualized health and wellness program that promotes lifelong health, and in the teaching family model that helps children develop life skills which will enable them to succeed in higher education, in their careers and to be productive members of their communities.
Spartanburg Preparatory SchoolSpartanburg, SC
The mission of Spartanburg Preparatory School is to ensure equal access to a supportive school community that promotes high academic excellence using an inquiry-based approach to teaching. The Spartanburg Prep School is a free, public school that serves children in grades kindergarten through eighth grade.
University School of the LowcountryMt. Pleasant, SC
UNIVERSITY SCHOOL IS AN INDEPENDENT, CO-EDUCATIONAL, NON-SECTARIAN SCHOOL THAT OFFERS A CHALLENGING AND INDIVIDUALIZED CURRICULUM. IT FOSTERS HIGH ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT AND EMPHASIZES BALANCED GROWTH - INTELLECTUALLY, PHYSICALLY, EMOTIONALLY, ETHICALLY, AND SOCIALLY - FOR EVERY STUDENT. WITHIN A HIGHLY SUPPORTIVE COMMUNITY, UNIVERSITY SCHOOL IS COMMITTED TO MAINTAINING A CARING AND CREATIVE ENVIRONMENT THAT ENCOURAGES CHILDREN TO LOVE LEARNING, TAKE INTELLECTUAL RISKS, SELF-ADVOCATE, TREAT OTHERS WITH RESPECT AND EMPATHY, AND ASPIRE TO MAKE A POSITIVE DIFFERENCE IN THE GREATER COMMUNITY AND WORLD.
By donating on this page you are making an irrevocable contribution to Daffy Charitable Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity, and a subsequent donation recommendation to the charity listed above, subject to our Member Agreement. Contributions are generally eligible for a charitable tax-deduction and a yearly consolidated receipt will be provided by Daffy. Processing fees may be applied and will reduce the value available to send to the end charity. The recipient organizations have not provided permission for this listing and have not reviewed the content.
Donations to organizations are distributed as soon as the donation is approved and the funds are available. In the rare event that Daffy is unable to fulfill the donation request to this charity, you will be notified and given the opportunity to choose another charity. This may occur if the charity is unresponsive or if the charity is no longer in good standing with regulatory authorities.