Knoxville Habitat for Humanity
Knoxville Habitat for Humanity
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for Knoxville Habitat for Humanity? Learn more here.
About this organization
Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry dedicated to eliminating substandard housing and homelessness worldwide and to making adequate, affordable shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people from all faiths and walks of life to work together in partnership, building houses with families in need.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The purpose of the non-profit, as set forth in the filing, is “To provide simple, decent, affordable homes for sale to low-income families.”.
When discussing its purpose, they were characterized as: “To provide simple, decent, affordable homes for sale to low-income families.”.
- The state in which the non-profit is legally authorized to operate is TN, as reported.
- The form of the non-profit reports 33 employees as of 2017.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $404,098.
- The remuneration of the CEO of the organization is based on an independent review and approval process.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 19 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1985.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $1,542,433 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $316,003 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
American Lebanese Syrian Associated Charities, Inc.
ALSAC raises funds and builds awareness to sustain the mission of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment while honoring the memory and heritage of our founder, Danny Thomas.
From its founding in 1873 as an institution devoted to “strengthening the ties which should exist between all sections of our common country,” Vanderbilt University has forged a tradition of academic excellence infused with a unique spirit of collaboration and collegiality. Our mission lies in the quest to bring out the best in humanity—pushing new ideas into the frontiers of discovery, challenging the limits of what’s possible and working diligently in the service of others. Vanderbilt’s closely connected park-like campus, set in the heart of the rapidly growing city of Nashville, Tennessee, is representative of the enduring bonds that unite us as One Vanderbilt community.
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
The mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. Consistent with the vision of our founder Danny Thomas, no child is denied treatment based on race, religion or a family's ability to pay. Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food – because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
BELMONT UNIVERSITY IS A PRIVATE, COEDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION FOCUSED ON UNDERGRADUATE AND POST-GRADUATE EDUCATION. IT PROVIDES AN ACADEMICALLY CHALLENGING EDUCATION AND STRIVES TO BE A LEADER AMONG TEACHING UNIVERSITIES BRINGING TOGETHER THE BEST OF LIBERAL ARTS AND PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION IN A CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY OF LEARNING AND SERVICE.