South Florida Council, Boy Scouts of America
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
The mission of the Boy Scouts of America is to prepare young people to make ethical choices over their lifetime by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The purpose of the non-profit, as set forth in the filing, is “The mission of the boy scouts of america is to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the scout oath and law.”.
When discussing its purpose, they were characterized as: “South florida council, bsa exists today to serve others by helping instill values in young people and prepare them to make ethical choices during their lifetime and achieve their full potential. community-based organizations receive national charters to use the scouting program as part of their own youth work. over 504 of these local organizations who have goals compatible with the bsa have partnered with us to deliver scouting. these organizations include religious, educational, civic, fraternal, business and labor, governments, corporations, professional associations and citizen's groups.”.
- The state in which the non-profit is legally authorized to operate is FL, as reported.
- The filing confirms that the non-profit's address in 2020 was 15255 NW 82 AVENUE, MIAMI LAKES, FL, 330161476.
- The form of the non-profit reports 25 employees as of 2020.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$446,559.
- The organization has 56 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1944.
- The organization pays $1,459,997 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $137,901 in fundraising expenses.
By donating on this page you are making an irrevocable contribution to Daffy Charitable Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity, and a subsequent donation recommendation to the charity listed above, subject to our Member Agreement. Contributions are generally eligible for a charitable tax-deduction and a yearly consolidated receipt will be provided by Daffy. Processing fees may be applied and will reduce the value available to send to the end charity. The recipient organizations have not provided permission for this listing and have not reviewed the content.
Donations to organizations are distributed as soon as the donation is approved and the funds are available. In the rare event that Daffy is unable to fulfill the donation request to this charity, you will be notified and given the opportunity to choose another charity. This may occur if the charity is unresponsive or if the charity is no longer in good standing with regulatory authorities.