Shands Teaching Hospital and Clinics Inc.
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
Shands Teaching Hospital and Clinics Inc., is a private, not-for-profit organization consisting of a statutory teaching hospital and a specialty hospital, which support the University of Florida's clinical, education and research missions in more than 100 specialty and subspecialty medical areas.
SHANDS TEACHING HOSPITAL AND CLINICS, INC. IS A FLORIDA NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION AND OPERATES A MULTI-HOSPITAL SYSTEM. INCLUDED IS A TERTIARY CARE TEACHING INSTITUTION OF 1014 BEDS, AN INPATIENT PSYCHIATRIC AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE FACILITY OF 81 BEDS AND A HOSPITAL BASED HOME CARE AGENCY. SHANDS' COMMUNITY BENEFIT IS A PLANNED, MANAGED, ORGANIZED, AND MEASURED APPROACH TO A HEALTH CARE ORGANIZATION'S PARTICIPATION IN MEETING IDENTIFIED COMMUNITY HEALTH NEEDS. IT IS A COLLABORATION TO MEET THE NEEDS OF ITS RESIDENTS - PARTICULARLY THE POOR AND OTHER UNDERSERVED GROUPS - BY IMPROVING HEALTH STATUS AND QUALITY OF LIFE. COMMUNITY BENEFIT PROJECTS AND SERVICES ARE IDENTIFIED AS A RESULT OF A COMMUNITY HEALTH NEEDS ASSESSMENT, STRATEGIC AND/OR CLINICAL PRIORITIES AND PARTNERSHIP AREAS OF ATTENTION. COMMUNITY BENEFIT CATEGORIES INCLUDE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE, COMMUNITY HEALTH SERVICES, HEALTH PROFESSIONS EDUCATION, RESEARCH AND DONATIONS. UF HEALTH SHANDS HOSPITAL HAS A LONG HISTORY OF PROVIDING COMMUNITY BENEFITS. UF HEALTH SHANDS HOSPITAL HAS POLICIES PROVIDING FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR PATIENTS REQUIRING CARE BUT HAVE LIMITED OR NO MEANS TO PAY FOR THAT CARE. THESE POLICIES PROVIDE FREE OR DISCOUNTED HEALTH AND HEALTH-RELATED SERVICES TO PERSONS WHO QUALIFY UNDER CERTAIN INCOME AND ASSET CRITERIA. COMMUNITY HEALTH SERVICES INCLUDES COMMUNITY HEALTH EDUCATION, COUNSELING AND SUPPORT SERVICES AND HEALTH CARE SCREENINGS. HEALTH PROFESSIONS EDUCATION INCLUDES EDUCATION PROVIDED IN CLINICAL SETTINGS SUCH AS INTERNSHIPS AND PROGRAMS FOR PHYSICIANS, NURSES AND ALLIED HEALTH PROFESSIONALS. IT ALSO INCLUDES SCHOLARSHIPS FOR HEALTH PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION RELATED TO PROVIDING COMMUNITY HEALTH IMPROVEMENT SERVICES AND SPECIALTY IN-SERVICE PROGRAMS TO PROFESSIONALS IN THE COMMUNITY. RESEARCH INCLUDES STUDIES ON HEALTH CARE DELIVERY, UNREIMBURSED STUDIES ON THERAPEUTIC PROTOCOLS, EVALUATION OF INNOVATIVE TREATMENTS, AND RESEARCH PAPERS PREPARED FOR PROFESSIONAL JOURNALS. DONATIONS INCLUDE FUNDS AND IN-KIND SERVICES BENEFITING THE COMMUNITY-AT-LARGE.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The filing clearly states the mission of the non-profit as “Our vision: together we strive to create unstoppable momentum toward the goal of improving individual and community health through discovery, clinical and translational science and technology, exceptional education and patient-centered, innovative, high-quality health care. this is our vision as we move forward together. our core values: at uf health, our core institutional values are centered around our commitment to our patients and our role in the communities we serve through: accountability, collaboration, compassion, competence, communication, creativity, empowerment, excellence, integrity, respect and trust. at the heart of our mission is to provide high-quality clinical care and to promise every patient their best experience possible at uf health. but our objectives aren't purely clinical. a huge part of our institutional mission is our focus on education and research. these goals are interconnected.”.
When outlining its functions, they were explained as: “Shands teaching hospital and clinics inc., is a private, not-for-profit organization consisting of a statutory teaching hospital and a specialty hospital, which support the university of florida's clinical, education and research missions in more than 100 specialty and subspecialty medical areas.”.
- In compliance with legal regulations, the non-profit has reported their state of operation as FL.
- The filing records the non-profit's address for 2020 as PO BOX 100336, GAINESVILLE, FL, 326100336.
- As of 2020, the non-profit's form reports a total of 12302 employees.
- Operates a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $66,697,838.
- The CEO's salary plan within the organization is subject to review and endorsement by an independent body.
- The organization elects its board members.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 8 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1979.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization engages in lobbying activities.
- The organization pays $673,086,194 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $4,070,360 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization pays grants to individuals.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization has grants to organizations.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
By donating on this page you are making an irrevocable contribution to Daffy Charitable Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity, and a subsequent donation recommendation to the charity listed above, subject to our Member Agreement. Contributions are generally eligible for a charitable tax-deduction and a yearly consolidated receipt will be provided by Daffy. Processing fees may be applied and will reduce the value available to send to the end charity. The recipient organizations have not provided permission for this listing and have not reviewed the content.
Donations to organizations are distributed as soon as the donation is approved and the funds are available. In the rare event that Daffy is unable to fulfill the donation request to this charity, you will be notified and given the opportunity to choose another charity. This may occur if the charity is unresponsive or if the charity is no longer in good standing with regulatory authorities.