Habitat for Humanity of Broward
Habitat for Humanity of Broward
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for Habitat for Humanity of Broward? Learn more here.
About this organization
Seeking to put God's love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope. Faith-based, we are radically inclusive of all. Our Vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The non-profit's mission is outlined in the filing as being “The exempt purpose of the organization is to provide low income families with decent and affordable housing.”.
When outlining its responsibilities, they were referred to as: “The exempt purpose of the organization is to provide low income families with decent and affordable housing.”.
- The state in which the non-profit operates has been officially reported as FL.
- The filing reveals the non-profit's address in 2017 to be 3564 NORTH OCEAN BLVD, FORT LAUDERDALE, FL, 33308.
- As per the non-profit's form for 2017, they have 25 employees on their payroll.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Provides credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $1,068,906.
- The CEO salary policy within the organization is subject to review and endorsement by an impartial party.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 18 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1983.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $1,006,113 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $309,032 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
Shands Teaching Hospital and Clinics Inc.
Shands Teaching Hospital and Clinics Inc., is a private, not-for-profit organization consisting of a statutory teaching hospital and a specialty hospital, which support the University of Florida's clinical, education and research missions in more than 100 specialty and subspecialty medical areas.
The vision of Nemours is "freedom from disabling conditions." The Nemours mission is to provide leadership, institutions, and services to restore and improve the health of children through care and programs not readily available, with one high standard of quality and distinction regardless of the recipient's financial status.
Shriners Hospitals For Children
The mission of Shriners Hospitals is to: Provide the highest quality care to children with neuromusculoskeletal conditions, burn injuries and other special health care needs within a compassionate, family-centered and collaborative care environment. Provide for the education of physicians and other health care professionals. Conduct research to discover new knowledge that improves the quality of care and quality of life of children and families. This mission is carried out without regard to race, color, creed, sex or sect, disability, national origin or ability of a patient or family to pay.
Food For The Poor, Inc.
Coconut Creek, FL
Food For The Poor (FFP), one of the largest international relief and development organizations in the nation, does much more than feed millions of the hungry poor in 17 countries of the Caribbean and Latin America. This interdenominational Christian ministry provides emergency relief assistance, clean water, medicines, educational materials, homes, support for orphaned and abandoned children, care for the aged, skills training and micro-enterprise development assistance. Food For The Poor's mission is to link the church of the First World with the church of the Third World in a manner that helps both the materially poor and the poor in spirit.