Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
From its founding in 1873 as an institution devoted to “strengthening the ties which should exist between all sections of our common country,” Vanderbilt University has forged a tradition of academic excellence infused with a unique spirit of collaboration and collegiality. Our mission lies in the quest to bring out the best in humanity—pushing new ideas into the frontiers of discovery, challenging the limits of what’s possible and working diligently in the service of others. Vanderbilt’s closely connected park-like campus, set in the heart of the rapidly growing city of Nashville, Tennessee, is representative of the enduring bonds that unite us as One Vanderbilt community.
Vanderbilt is a private research university in Nashville, Tennessee. It offers more than 70 undergraduate majors and a full range of graduate and professional degrees across 10 schools and colleges, all on a beautiful campus—an accredited arboretum—complete with athletic facilities and state-of-the-art laboratories. Vanderbilt is optimized to inspire and nurture cross-disciplinary research that fosters discoveries that have global impact.
Interesting data from their 2019 990 filing
The non-profit's mission, as described in the filing, is “See schedule o”.
When describing its duties, they were characterized as: “See schedule o”.
- The non-profit has complied with legal regulations by reporting their state of operation as TN.
- The filing shows that the non-profit's address as of 2019 is 211 Kirkland 2201 Westend, Nashville, TN, 37240.
- As of 2019, the non-profit has reported a total of 13319 employees on their form.
- The non-profit has loans outstanding as of 2019.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Operates a school.
- Collects art.
- Provides credit counseling.
- Has foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $204,666,506.
- The compensation of the CEO of the organization is subject to review and approval by an independent body.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has a foreign financial account.
- The organization has 19 independent voting members.
- The organization has a professional fund raiser.
- The organization was formed in 1873.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization engages in lobbying activities.
- The organization pays $661,180,074 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $32,405,019 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization pays grants to individuals.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization grants to a related person.
- The organization has a business related family member transaction.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization has grants to organizations.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
University School of NashvilleNashville, TN
University School of Nashville models the best educational practices. In an environment that represents the cultural and ethnic composition of metropolitan Nashville, USN fosters each student’s intellectual, artistic, and athletic potential, valuing and inspiring integrity, creative expression, a love of learning, and the pursuit of excellence.
Belmont UniversityNashville, TN
Belmont University is a private, coeducational institution focused on undergraduate and post-graduate education. It provides an academically challenging education and strives to be a leader among teaching universities bringing together the best of liberal arts and professional education in a Christian community of learning and service.
Crown CollegePowell, TN
The mission of the Crown College of the Bible is to train men and women to follow the Lord Jesus Christ and to equip them to fulfil his purpose by providing education in which Christ is preeminent, and where the highest academics are united with ministry application for the sole purpose of glorifying the Lord Jesus Christ. The mission continues as graduates of the Crown College of the Bible train others.
Carson-Newman UniversityJefferson Cty, TN
Mission of challenge, nurture, community: Carson-Newman College offers a Christian, liberal arts education in an environment that encourages open intellectual inquiry and deeper spiritual maturity. Students receive a personalized education in small classes. Caring faculty and staff mentors get to know and nurture each student. We seek to instill Christian values in our students and inspire them to use unique gifts for a lifetime of service. The historic Baptist distinctives of religious liberty, personal responsibility, and compassion for others create a welcoming community that fosters a sense of belonging. The cultural heritage and geographic beauty of the Appalachian region enriches the Carson-Newman experience, and the college contributes to the environmental preservation and economic development of this national treasure. Vision: to become a premier Christian liberal arts college with a world-wide impact.
Bethel UniversityMc kenzie, TN
Bethel's mission is to create opportunities for members of the learning community to develop to their highest potential as whole persons - intellectually, spiritually, socially and physically - in a Christian environment through synchronous and asynchronous modes.
Lipscomb UniversityNashville, TN
Lipscomb University delivers a complete education characterized by integration of Christian faith and practice with academic excellence. This complete education, which includes liberal arts studies and professional preparation, does not suggest a finished education. Rather, it reflects Lipscomb's commitment to the comprehensive development of each student - spiritually, intellectually, socially, and physically - as Lipscomb prepares its graduates for a life of learning, leading, and serving. Lipscomb also seeks to make a positive difference in the community.
University of Memphis Research FoundationMemphis, TN
To encourage, promote and aid the fulfillment of education, research and service functions of the University of Memphis (U of M) and to encourage, promote and aid the transfer of technology generated in the course of research by U of M faculty, staff and students.
King UniversityBristol, TN
We prepare students in our Christian academic community to excel as thoughtful, resourceful, and responsible citizens with a passion for serving God, the church, and the world. We accomplish this through excellent teaching, high expectations, worthwhile example, and fidelity to our Presbyterian heritage. Our mission is the same for all campuses and sites; for online learning; and for all programs, curricular and extracurricular, graduate and undergraduate. Vision: We aim to be the preeminent small to medium-sized Christian university in the upper South, with a reputation earned there and beyond as a school serious about its Christian commitment, focused on student success, dedicated to academic excellence, and successful in producing graduates who excel wherever they live, work, and serve.
Freedom Forum Institute IncNashville, TN
The Freedom Forum's mission is to foster First Amendment freedoms for all. It works to raise awareness of First Amendment freedoms through education, advocacy and action, sharing the stories of Americans who have exercised their rights to ignite change.
By donating on this page you are making an irrevocable contribution to Daffy Charitable Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity, and a subsequent donation recommendation to the charity listed above, subject to our Member Agreement. Contributions are generally eligible for a charitable tax-deduction and a yearly consolidated receipt will be provided by Daffy. Processing fees may be applied and will reduce the value available to send to the end charity. The recipient organizations have not provided permission for this listing and have not reviewed the content.
Donations to organizations are distributed as soon as the donation is approved and the funds are available. In the rare event that Daffy is unable to fulfill the donation request to this charity, you will be notified and given the opportunity to choose another charity. This may occur if the charity is unresponsive or if the charity is no longer in good standing with regulatory authorities.