Louisiana Purchase Council, Boy Scouts Of America
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
The Mission of the Boy Scouts of America is to prepare young people to make ethical choices over their lifetime by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The purpose of the non-profit is stated in the filing as “The corporation shall promote, within the territory covered by the charter from time to time granted it by the boy scouts of america and in accordance with the congressional charter, bylaws and rules regulations of the boy scouts of america, the scouting program of promoting the ability of boys and young men and women to do things for themsleves and others, training tham in scoutcraft, and teaching them patriotism, courage, self-reliance, and kindred virtues, using the methods which are now in common use by the boy scouts of america.”.
Their activities were defined as: “The corporation shall promote, within the territory covered by the charter from time to time granted it by the boy scouts of america and in accordance with the congressional charter, bylaws and rules regulations of the boy scouts of america, the scouting program of promoting the ability of boys and young men and women to do things for themsleves and others, training tham in scoutcraft, and teaching them patriotism, courage, self-reliance, and kindred virtues, using the methods which are now in common use by the boy scouts of america.”.
- The non-profit's address in 2020 as per the filing is PO BOX 2405, MONROE, LA, 71207.
- The form of the non-profit organization shows 31 employees as of 2020.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $241,246.
- The compensation policy for the CEO of the organization is established through an impartial evaluation and endorsement.
- The organization elects its board members.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 60 independent voting members.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $497,673 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $112,954 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Rock of Christ Youth CenterSaline, LA
The purpose of the Rock of Christ Youth Center is an outreach for young adults. The youth are provided bibles, meals, as well as teachings from a biblical worldview. They also perform community services as well as participate in live nativity and fall fest activities for the surrounding areas.
Center for Innovative Training of Youth dba STEM NOLANew Orleans, LA
The mission of the Center for the Innovative Training of Youth (CITY) dba STEM NOLA (SN) is to grow future innovators, creators, and entrepreneurs through inspiration, engagement, and exposure. Members of the community will learn about opportunities in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) through hands-on project based activities. STEM NOLA was created to expose, inspire and engage whole communities about the opportunities in STEM for K-12 students and their families.
Silverback Society Inc.New Orleans, LA
To supply the next generation of women and children with men who will have the 'capacity' to contribute to better living for those who depend on them. In doing so we believe that the men we inspire and support in their 'coming up' will have satisfying and fulfilling lives and will not have to resort to violence to feel respected by their peers or their women and children, and that their sons will inherit male capacity and responsibility as normal male behavior and their daughters not starved for a man's love will expect the same and measure and handle men accordingly.
Heritage RanchZachary, LA
Heritage Ranch is a Christian children's home that serves boys and girls in the midst of personal or family crisis from which they require respite. Our staff provides a safe and nurturing environment where these valuable young people are empowered to regain personal stability and, whenever possible, achieve healthy family reunification. Ultimately youth are equipped to become productive members of society who will pass on the inheritance of hope and healing they have received to subsequent generations.