Junior Achievement of Greater Baton Rouge & Acadiana
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
Develop a generation of individuals who are armed with the confidence, knowledge and determination to thrive in order to build a better future for themselves and their community.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The filing documents outline the non-profit's mission as “To encourage, promote, supervise and develop educational programs for youths that provide hands-on experience in industry and business.”.
When outlining the tasks it performs, they were referred to as: “To encourage, promote, supervise and develop educational programs for youths that provide hands-on experience in industry and business.”.
- The non-profit's reported state of operation is LA as per legal requirements.
- The filing reveals that the address of the non-profit in 2020 is 7809 JEFFERSON HIGHWAY D-4, BATON ROUGE, LA, 70809.
- As of 2020, the non-profit has 7 employees reported on their 990 form.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are between $500,000 and $1,000,000+.
- Revenue is between $500,000 and $1,000,000+.
- Revenue less expenses is $28,755.
- The compensation policy for the CEO of the organization is established through a review and endorsement from an independent source.
- The organization has 22 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1956.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $420,595 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $180,794 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
The Medical Centers of West AfricaBaton Rouge, LA
The Organization operates a medical center complex in Cameroon, Africa with the objective of pursuing the least evangelized peoples. The Organization has long-term workers serving as church planters to evangelize, disciple and train individuals who desire to participate.
Mexican Indian Training Center Inc.Shreveport, LA
The MITC exists to educate and prepare young Mexican men and women to become pastors, ministers, and worship leaders, then spread the gospel throughout Mexico. The students' education, room and board, books, as well as medical and dental care are all provided free of charge.
Voices for Global ChangeNew Orleans, LA
Voices for Global Change (VFGC) served as fiscal sponsor for One Love BVI, a corporation that provided disaster relief, supplies, and volunteers to the British Virgin Islands after it suffered major devastation from Hurricanes Irma and Maria. This included setting up and administering a volunteer database, coordinating and providing on-site volunteers for medical and infrastructure activities, as well as professional advice and support to local relief personnel. The aid, supplies, and volunteers provided helped families, communities and businesses get back on their feet and build a thriving, sustainable future.
Friends of the AmericasGreenwel Spgs, LA
FRIENDS OF THE AMERICAS IS A NON-PROFIT PUBLIC CHARITY DEDICATED TO PROVIDING ASISTANCE TO CHILDREN AND OTHER PERSONS WHO ARE VICTIMS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS OR ECONOMIC DISTRESS. IT PROVIDES MEDICAL CARE, MEDICAL SUPPLIES, CLOTHING, RELIEF SUPPLIES, DISASTER ASSISTANCE, EDUCATION, AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT TO NEEDY PERSONS. FRIENDS OF THE AMERICAS OPERATES MEDICAL CLINICS AND VARIOUS SELF-HELP PROJECTS. IT SENDS DISASTER ASSISTANCE TEAMS TO NATURAL DISASTER SITES IN ORDER TO RENDER ON-THE-SCENE MEDICAL CARE AND PROVIDE RELIEF SUPPLIES. FRIENDS OF THE AMERICAS WORKS TO CREATE A CLIMATE OF MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING, FRIENDSHIP, AND RESPECT BETWEEN THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE PEOPLES OF LATIN AMERICA TO BUILD SUPPORT FOR DEMOCRATIC VALUES, SUCH AS FREE ELECTIONS, PRIVATE PROPERTY, FREE ENTERPRISE, FREEDOM OF THE PRESS, AND FREEDOM OF RELIGION BY CONDUCTING SEMINARS PROMOTING THOSE VALUES.
By donating on this page you are making an irrevocable contribution to Daffy Charitable Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity, and a subsequent donation recommendation to the charity listed above, subject to our Member Agreement. Contributions are generally eligible for a charitable tax-deduction and a yearly consolidated receipt will be provided by Daffy. Processing fees may be applied and will reduce the value available to send to the end charity. The recipient organizations have not provided permission for this listing and have not reviewed the content.
Donations to organizations are distributed as soon as the donation is approved and the funds are available. In the rare event that Daffy is unable to fulfill the donation request to this charity, you will be notified and given the opportunity to choose another charity. This may occur if the charity is unresponsive or if the charity is no longer in good standing with regulatory authorities.