Junior Achievement of Dallas, Inc.
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
Incorporated in 1954, Junior Achievement of Dallas' (JA Dallas) mission is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy. Junior Achievement is the nation's largest organization dedicated to giving young people the knowledge and skills they need to own their economic success, plan for their futures, and make smart academic and economic choices. Junior Achievement's programs—in the core content areas of work readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy—ignite the spark in young people to experience and realize the opportunities and realities of work and life in the 21st century.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The filing documents outline the non-profit's mission as “Junior achievement is a nonprofit organization that promotes interest in the free enterprise system among elementary school, middle school, and high school students of northeast texas area schools.”.
When outlining the tasks it performs, they were referred to as: “Junior achievement is a nonprofit organization that promotes interest in the free enterprise system among elementary school, middle school, and high school students of northeast texas area schools.”.
- The non-profit's reported state of operation is TX as per legal requirements.
- The filing reveals that the address of the non-profit in 2020 is 1201 WEST EXECUTIVE DRIVE, RICHARDSON, TX, 750812232.
- As of 2020, the non-profit has 34 employees reported on their 990 form.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$341,137.
- The compensation policy for the CEO of the organization is established through a review and endorsement from an independent source.
- The organization elects its board members.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 37 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1954.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $1,476,513 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $320,208 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Pureland ProjectAustin, TX
The Pureland Project promotes physical and spiritual well-being through recognizing human interdependent relationship with nature. We leverage best practices to support Tibetan nomads in Tibet and spread their wisdom to the Western world. Our aspiration is to support sustainable living practices in Tibet & the Americas utilizing the ancient Buddhist principles of Pureland Meditation.
Caring For Cambodia IncAustin, TX
Caring for Cambodia (CFC) is educating a generation of Cambodian children today, to make a difference for Cambodia's tomorrow. Our schools are safe, modern and technologically equipped. We train teachers, provide tools and remove barriers to learning. We build Cambodian leadership to guide and sustain these schools, so that generations of CFC graduates can reach their highest potential and make vaouable contributions to their community.
Bread for Life International IncoporatedKerrville, TX
Bread for Life is more than just a humanitarian or missionary organization. As our example, Jesus met people's spiritual and physical needs. Our goal for those that we help is for them to become self-sufficient, so that they can in turn help others in the same way.
Hope Events Inc.Austin, TX
Hope Events is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit production organization that connects creatives with causes through projects and events to help mobilize people to get involved, create, and collaborate on social issues, arts education, and community causes. Hope Events is the charity that produces the Hope (Helping Other People Everywhere) campaign, Hope Farmers Market, Hope Outdoor Gallery, and Hops for Hope annual art show. Launched in December of 2006 with the support of contemporary artist Shepard Fairey, Hope works to provide ways for creatives to donate their time & talent towards causes, campaigns, projects, and events with social & humanitarian impact.
Grace Project InternationalDallas, TX
Grace believes that access to quality healthcare and education are key and critical to breaking the vicious cycle of poverty and that every person should have the opportunity to maximize their potential. We pursue this by providing demand driven, scalable and sustainable solutions by engaging and supporting the poor through cost effective, health and education solutions, to create a tangible and lasting impact. Grace is driven by compassion, dedication, and a sincere holistic concern for the people we serve. Grace is committed to delivering strong value for money to our donors and partners through measurable results and lasting impact. From cataract surgeries to scholarships, Grace goes where the need is greatest!
By donating on this page you are making an irrevocable contribution to Daffy Charitable Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity, and a subsequent donation recommendation to the charity listed above, subject to our Member Agreement. Contributions are generally eligible for a charitable tax-deduction and a yearly consolidated receipt will be provided by Daffy. Processing fees may be applied and will reduce the value available to send to the end charity. The recipient organizations have not provided permission for this listing and have not reviewed the content.
Donations to organizations are distributed as soon as the donation is approved and the funds are available. In the rare event that Daffy is unable to fulfill the donation request to this charity, you will be notified and given the opportunity to choose another charity. This may occur if the charity is unresponsive or if the charity is no longer in good standing with regulatory authorities.