Habitat for Humanity of Denton County
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
Habitat for Humanity of Denton County (HFHDC) is a Christian Ministry in partnership with the community that builds affordable housing for economically disadvantaged families. We focus on families needing a hand up, rather than a handout. We believe decent shelter is a matter of conscience and action. Our goal is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness.
Interesting data from their 2019 990 filing
The filing clearly states the mission of the non-profit as “Construction of quality,”.
When outlining its functions, they were explained as: “Construction of quality, affordable housing in the denton area”.
- In compliance with legal regulations, the non-profit has reported their state of operation as TX.
- The filing records the non-profit's address for 2019 as 1721 N Carroll Blvd, Denton, TX, 76202.
- As of 2019, the non-profit's form reports a total of 17 employees.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Provides credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $105,582.
- The compensation of the CEO of the organization is not based on an independent review and approval process.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 9 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1994.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $559,035 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $13,753 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has grants to organizations.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Council For LifeDallas, TX
Council for Life exists to empower women, men and youth to make life-affirming choices. Council for Life is motivated by Christ-like love and responsive compassion. CFL is committed to raising public awareness of the complex issues that surround unplanned pregnancies and providing financial support to agencies that share our mission.
Longview Symphony LeagueLongview, TX
The Longview Symphony League was formed to promote and increase the musical knowledge of the public by promoting performances of music in programs chosen primarily from the literature of symphonic music, chamber music, opera, solo recitals, vocal chorus or the dance.
Nora's Gift FoundationHouston, TX
Nora’s Home offers transplant patients & their families an affordable place to stay where they can find support & share experiences with others, in the comfort of a home-like environment. In addition to providing a clean & hope-filled environment, Nora's Home also strives to provide valuable resources to the organ transplant patients & their families. These resources include transplant education, financial & counseling assistance, shuttle services to the medical center, free access to pantry items in the community kitchens, & various other support programs.
Contemporary Arts Museum HoustonHouston, TX
For over sixty-five years the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston (CAMH) has brought the Houston community together to discuss contemporary culture and society through contemporary art and education programs. It is CAMH's mission to create a space for contemporary art and contemporary society to converge, incorporating contemporary art into the everyday lives of our audiences through exposure, education, events and programming, all created and structured to make art more tangible and underscore its relevance and importance within our society.
The Council On RecoveryHouston, TX
The mission of The Council on Recovery is to keep our community healthy, productive and safe by providing services and information to all who may be adversely affected by alcohol, drugs and related issues. The vision of The Council On Recovery is a community in which substance abuse is no longer a major community problem; all people who experience alcohol, drug or related problems have access to effective, affordable services that address their needs; and that individuals and organizations find the freedom from the shame and stigma currently attached to substance abuse.
Society Of St Vincent De Paul, Archdiocesan Council Of San AntonioSan Antonio, TX
Inspired by Gospel values, the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, a Catholic lay organization, leads women and men to join together to grow spiritually by offering person-to-person service to those who are needy and suffering in the tradition of its founder, Blessed Frédéric Ozanam, and patron, St. Vincent de Paul.
Galveston County Community ActGalveston, TX
The Councils mission is to enhance the quality of life of low-income families in Galveston, Fort Bend, Wharton, and Brazoria Counties by promoting self-sufficiency pursuant to the Economic Opportunity Act of 1964. It also operates Galveston County Head Start program.
By donating on this page you are making an irrevocable contribution to Daffy Charitable Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity, and a subsequent donation recommendation to the charity listed above, subject to our Member Agreement. Contributions are generally eligible for a charitable tax-deduction and a yearly consolidated receipt will be provided by Daffy. Processing fees may be applied and will reduce the value available to send to the end charity. The recipient organizations have not provided permission for this listing and have not reviewed the content.
Donations to organizations are distributed as soon as the donation is approved and the funds are available. In the rare event that Daffy is unable to fulfill the donation request to this charity, you will be notified and given the opportunity to choose another charity. This may occur if the charity is unresponsive or if the charity is no longer in good standing with regulatory authorities.