Junior Achievement of Utah Inc.
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
The Mission of Junior Achievement is To Inspire and Prepare Young People to Succeed in a Global Economy.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
According to the filing documents, the non-profit's mission is defined as “To inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy via partnerships with business, schools and volunteers. to teach key concepts of work readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy.”.
When referring to its tasks, they were referred to as: “To inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy.”.
- The non-profit's state of operation has been legally reported as UT.
- According to the latest filing, the non-profit's address in 2020 is 515 SOUTH 700 EAST SUITE 1F, SALT LAKE CITY, UT, 84102.
- The total number of employees reported by the non-profit on their form for 2020 is 32.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $320,864.
- The CEO compensation policy within the organization is established through an impartial evaluation and approval.
- The organization elects its board members.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 76 independent voting members.
- The organization has a professional fund raiser.
- The organization was formed in 1956.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $1,292,121 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $232,351 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Building Youth Around the WorldMurray, UT
THE VISION OF THE FOUNDATION IS TO INCREASE THE POTENTIAL FOR SUCCESS IN YOUTH, AGES 0 TO 19, AND POST HIGH SCHOOL; THAT LACK THE MEANS AND ABILITIES TO LEARN, GROW AND THRIVE IN THEIR YOUNGER YEARS TO HELP BECOME PRODUCTIVE AND GIVING IN THE COMMUNITIES IN WHICH THEY LIVE THROUGHOUT THE WORLD. THROUGH GENUINE, YET SIMPLE ACTS OF COMPASSION AND LOVE, BUILDING YOUTH AROUND THE WORLD HELPS CHANGE YOUNG PEOPLE'S LIVES TO BECOME LEADERS WITHIN THEIR COMMUNITIES AND COUNTRIES. THERE ARE THREE MAIN FOCUSES OF THE FOUNDATION: 1) PROVISION OF ESSENTIALS FOR LIVING TO UNDERPRIVILEGED YOUTH AND EDUCATION THROUGH SELF-IMPROVEMENT AND MOTIVATIONAL TRAINING 2)EDUCATION THROUGH BUILDING SCHOOLS, BETTER EDUCATION, SCHOLARSHIPS, SELF-IMPROVEMENT AND LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING IN ALL ITS FACETS 3) NUMEROUS HEALTHCARE RELATED SUPPORT FOR CHILDREN AND THEIR FAMILIES THAT INCLUDE NUTRITION PROGRAMS, FOOD SUPPLIES, MEDICAL CENTERS, ETC.
One Heart Bulgaria CorporationWoods Cross, UT
All of One Heart Bulgaria's programs were created with the goal of dramatically improving the lives of children living in orphanages as well as preventing child abandonment from occurring in the first place. Our long-term goals are 1.) Help orphans reintegrate into Bulgaria's society as healthy, well-adjusted citizens 2.) Offer training and support for foster care programs 3.) Eradicate child abandonment 4.) Help close down the orphanage system and end Bulgaria's orphan crisis. We achieve these goals by providing for the basic needs of the children, including specialized medical care for children with disabilities. We provide trained caregivers to properly care for the children; complete special projects and renovations at the orphanages; implement life skills training programs for the teenage orphans; and work with underprivileged pregnant girls and women who are at risk for abandoning their children.
YouthlincSalt Lake City, UT
Youthlinc is a Utah based 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with the mission of creating lifetime humanitarians through local & international service. Our core programs (Service Year, Local Service Directory, Young Humanitarian Award, Real Life, Global Community Leadership) are based in principles from educational and service learning research: student leadership, hands-on sustained service, effective mentoring, cooperative and project based learning.
Help InternationalProvo, UT
The mission of Help International is to empower people to fight global poverty through sustainable, life-changing development programs. Our unique model allows college-aged volunteers, interns, and young professionals to contribute and catalyze the efforts of local partners on the ground. Help International aims to assist relatively inexperienced and mostly academically trained participants to become social entrepreneurs who understand the complexities of poverty and play an active role in efforts to improve the quality of life of some of the most vulnerable populations in the world.
Mothers Without BordersProvo, UT
Mothers Without Borders offers hope in developing countries by strengthening local communities in their efforts to: 1) nurture children in crisis by providing a safe home, clean water, nutrition, education, and access to caring adults who invite healing from trauma; and 2) empower women and youth with literacy and business skills. We teach principles of conscious living, personal growth, and self-reliance to inspire each individual to be the best version of themselves.