Volunteers of America of Utah, Inc.
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
Volunteers of America, Utah provides a bridge to self-reliance and health for vulnerable individuals and populations who struggle with homelessness, addiction and mental illness in our Wasatch Front communities.
Interesting data from their 2019 990 filing
According to the filing, the non-profit's mission is “Volunteers of america, utah's mission is to provide a bridge to self- reliance and health for vulnerable individuals and populations who struggle with homelessness, addiction, and mental illness in the wasatch front communities. the agency vision is to seek to be the best organization to eliminate despair, foster hope and facilitate safety and empowerment among some of the most vulnerable people in utah by operating human service programs and providing opportunities for people to experience the joy of serving others.”.
When referring to its actions, they were described as: “Volunteers of america, utah's mission is to provide a bridge to self- reliance and health for vulnerable individuals and populations who struggle with homelessness, addiction, and mental illness in the wasatch front communities. the agency vision is to seek to be the best organization to eliminate despair, foster hope and facilitate safety and empowerment among some of the most vulnerable people in utah by operating human service programs and providing opportunities for people to experience the joy of serving others.”.
- According to the law, the state of operation reported by the non-profit is UT.
- As per the filing, the address of the non-profit for 2019 is 435 W BEARCAT DRIVE, SALT LAKE CITY, UT, 84115.
- According to their form, the non-profit as of 2019 has a total of 275 employees.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $1,009,694.
- The CEO compensation plan of the organization is determined by an independent party's review and approval.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 12 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1986.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $7,868,967 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $500,563 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization pays grants to individuals.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
The Inn BetweenSalt Lake City, UT
The mission of The INN Between is to end the tragic history of vulnerable people dying on the streets of our community by providing a supportive and safe haven for those who have nowhere to live in time of medical crisis. Our purpose is to be the community provider of medical housing beds for homeless adults who are terminally ill and Medical Respite beds for homeless men or women who require stable housing to gain access to life-saving medical treatment or to recuperate from illness or injury while working toward self-reliance. Our overarching goal is zero deaths on the streets. The INN Between is a safe and compassionate temporary housing solution for adults experiencing homelessness who are terminally ill or are too sick to be on the streets but not sick enough to be in the hospital.
Womens Leadership Institute of UtahSalt Lake Cty, UT
To elevate the stature of women's leadership in Utah by improving society's understanding of the value of diversity in leadership roles, training women in leadership skills, and conveying the positive impact female leaders have on economic development, vitality, and the overall health of the state.
Red Rock Warbirds Inc.Brigham City, UT
The organization is committed to the education of aviation warbird history to ensure that the public understands the historical significance these aricrafts. Additional signficnat missions for the organization are youth education and leadership training related to aircraft.
Other Side AcademySalt Lake Cty, UT
The operation of a school where students learn vocational, pro-social, and life skills so they can succeed on 'the other side'. Students are men and women pre- and post-sentencing and those within Utah jails and prisons; as well as, convicts, substance abusers, homeless, and others.
Magnificent 7 Foundation Inc.South Jordan, UT
The Magnificent 7 is inspired by a movie from the 1970's about assisting those less fortunate in times of needs. With the influence of more than 7 individuals, you are able to make a difference in those lives to overcome many challenges. The purpose of the Magnificent 7 Foundation is to assist those with hunger, housing and training needs in the local community.
Equine Assisted Growth and Learning Association, IncSantaquin, UT
The Equine Assisted Growth and Learning Association (Eagala) is the leading international nonprofit association for mental health and equine professionals incorporating horses to address mental health and personal development needs. Eagala's growing global network of certified professionals is committed to collaboration and dedicated to the vision of every person around the world having access to life-changing Eagala Model services.