Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for Narika? Learn more here.
About this organization
Narika’s mission is to promote women’s independence, economic empowerment and well-being by helping domestic violence survivors with advocacy, support and education.
Narika was founded in 1992 by a group of immigrant women, who identified the need for domestic violence services in the local communities of the Bay Area. These women opened the doors of Narika by use of an informal familial model of service, engaging victims as sisters rather than clients, and providing assistance in several different languages. Their initiative duly evolved into the organized non-profit that today proudly serves the Bay Area as Narika.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The purpose of the non-profit, as set forth in the filing, is “Narika's mission is to promote women's independence and economic empowerment by helping domestic violence survivors with advocacy, support, information, referrals, and education. founded in 1992, we believe in an informal familial model of service, engaging crisis survivors as sisters rather than clients, and providing assisstance in several south asian languages.”.
When discussing its purpose, they were characterized as: “Narika's mission is to promote women's independence and economic empowerment by helping domestic violence survivors with advocacy, support, information, referrals, and education.”.
- The state in which the non-profit is legally authorized to operate is CA, as reported.
- The form of the non-profit reports 6 employees as of 2017.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are between $100,000 and $250,000.
- Revenue is between $100,000 and $250,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$34,897.
- The CEO salary plan within the organization is not subject to review and approval by an impartial entity.
- The organization has 7 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1992.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $122,204 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $3,302 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has fundraising events.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
San Francisco, CA
V-Day is an organized response against violence toward women. V-Day is a vision: We see a world where women live safely and freely. V-Day is a demand: Rape, incest, battery, genital mutilation and sexual slavery must end now. V-Day is a spirit: We believe women should spend their lives creating and thriving rather than surviving or recovering from terrible atrocities. V-Day is a catalyst: By raising money and consciousness, it will unify and strengthen existing anti-violence efforts. Triggering far-reaching awareness, it will lay the groundwork for new educational, protective, and legislative endeavors throughout the world. V-Day is a process: We will work as long as it takes. We will not stop until the violence stops. V-Day is a day. We proclaim Valentine's Day as V-Day, to celebrate women and end the violence. V-Day is a fierce, wild, unstoppable movement and community. Join us!