UC Davis Foundation
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
The UC Davis Foundation is a nonprofit organization that plays an essential role in sustaining and enhancing the excellence of UC Davis by highlighting the impacts of philanthropy and stewarding private donations to the university. It is governed by a distinguished volunteer Board of Trustees.
The UC Davis Foundation: - Accepts philanthropic gifts on behalf of UC Davis - Distributes philanthropic contributions according to donors’ wishes - Stewards private gifts to safeguard and augment their financial value Established in 1959, the UC Davis Foundation has a rich history of stewarding private contributions that advance the university’s mission. Gifts made through the foundation leverage the core funding the university receives from the state of California, enhancing UC Davis’ ability to teach, discover and serve the public in ways that shape the future of our world. The foundation has the capacity to accept nearly every kind of gift and pledge to UC Davis—endowments, current-use gifts, planned gifts and gifts of real property or personal property—whether the beneficiary is the university overall or one of its schools, colleges or programs.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
From their filing, the objective of the non-profit is stated as “The mission of the uc davis foundation is to secure, steward and manage private gifts for uc davis.”.
When talking about its functions, they were outlined as: “The mission of the uc davis foundation is to secure, steward and manage private gifts for uc davis.”.
- The legally reported state of operation for the non-profit is CA.
- According to the filing, the non-profit's address in 2020 is 1 SHIELDS AVE, DAVIS, CA, 95616.
- The non-profit organization as of 2020 has a total of 0 employees reported on their form.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $17,638,245.
- The CEO's compensation within the organization is not based on a review and approval by an independent party.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 15 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1959.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $0 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $0 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization pays grants to individuals.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has grants to organizations.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
California State University, Bakersfield FoundationBakersfield, CA
The mission of the California State University, Bakersfield Foundation is to support California State University, Bakersfield by advocating on behalf of the university, fundraising for university programs and activities, and managing the finances of the foundation and the university endowment. California State University, Bakersfield is a comprehensive public university committed to offering excellent undergraduate and graduate programs that advance the intellectual and personal development of its students. An emphasis on student learning is enhanced by a commitment to scholarship, diversity, service, global awareness and life-long learning.
The Foundation for Santa Barbara City CollegeSanta Barbara, CA
The Santa Barbara City College Foundation works in partnership with Santa Barbara City College (SBCC) to provide private philanthropic support by serving as the vehicle through which individuals and organizations may invest in the college and its students. The foundation provides more than $5 million annually for student success programs, scholarships, and book grants to support SBCC students as they prepare for careers, transfer to four-year universities, and pursue lifelong learning goals.
California State University, Los Angeles FoundationLos Angeles, CA
The mission of the Cal State LA Foundation is to advance the educational, cultural, scholarly, and creative activities and the role of community service of California State University, Los Angeles, by increasing private funding, responsibly managing donated resources and supporting the University and its diverse and distinct nature.
University Foundation at Sacramento StateSacramento, CA
THE UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION PROMOTES PHILANTHROPY TO PROVIDE A LEVEL OF EXCELLENCE AT THE UNIVERSITY BEYOND WHAT IS POSSIBLE THROUGH STATE FUNDS.THE MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION ACCOMPLISH THIS MISSION BY HELPING TO RAISE PRIVATE RESOURCES THAT ADVANCE THE MISSION AND PRIORITIES OF THE UNIVERSITY AND SERVING AS AMBASSADORS FOR PHILANTHROPY IN THE UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY. THE BOARD PROVIDES STEWARDSHIP IN THE PRUDENT INVESTMENT OF RESOURCES, ENSURING THE INTEGRITY OF THE FOUNDATION THROUGH ACCOUNTABILITY AND TRANSPARENCY IN ITS DEALINGS.
Cal State East Bay Educational FoundationHayward, CA
The Cal State East Bay Educational Foundation supports the university's mission to provide educational excellence for a diverse society through advocacy, development, personal contributions, and counsel to the university's advancement program. Trustees have a passionate commitment to educational excellence and diversity. In partnership with the Office of University Advancement, the foundation takes responsibility for development, public affairs, alumni relations and donor stewardship activities, and the financial management of gifts received for the benefit of the university and its programs.