University of California Berkeley Foundation
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
To advance the interest & promote the welfare of the University of California, Berkeley, & to increase the university's facilities & provide broader educational opportunities.
Grants and allocations to the University of California, Berkeley campus units and organizations.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The filing documents outline the non-profit's mission as “The university of california berkeley foundation's mission is to advance the interest and promote the welfare of the university of california, berkeley (the "university"), to develop and increase the facilities of the university and to provide broader educational opportunities by encouraging charitable gifts and donations to the university, to provide funding for scholarships, student assistance programs and academic research for the students, employees and faculty of the university.”.
When outlining the tasks it performs, they were referred to as: “To advance the interest & promote the welfare of the university of california, berkeley, & to increase the facilities of the univ. & to provide broader educational opportunities”.
- The non-profit's reported state of operation is CA as per legal requirements.
- The filing reveals that the address of the non-profit in 2020 is 1995 University Ave ste 401, BERKELEY, CA, 947041508.
- As of 2020, the non-profit has 0 employees reported on their 990 form.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Provides credit counseling.
- Has foreign activities.
- Is a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $98,303,023.
- The CEO compensation policy of the organization is not established through an independent review and approval process.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 74 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1948.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $0 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $7,622,993 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has grants to organizations.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
UC Davis FoundationDavis, CA
The UC Davis Foundation is a nonprofit organization that plays an essential role in sustaining and enhancing the excellence of UC Davis by highlighting the impacts of philanthropy and stewarding private donations to the university. It is governed by a distinguished volunteer Board of Trustees.
California State University, Bakersfield FoundationBakersfield, CA
The mission of the California State University, Bakersfield Foundation is to support California State University, Bakersfield by advocating on behalf of the university, fundraising for university programs and activities, and managing the finances of the foundation and the university endowment. California State University, Bakersfield is a comprehensive public university committed to offering excellent undergraduate and graduate programs that advance the intellectual and personal development of its students. An emphasis on student learning is enhanced by a commitment to scholarship, diversity, service, global awareness and life-long learning.
The Foundation for Santa Barbara City CollegeSanta Barbara, CA
The Santa Barbara City College Foundation works in partnership with Santa Barbara City College (SBCC) to provide private philanthropic support by serving as the vehicle through which individuals and organizations may invest in the college and its students. The foundation provides more than $5 million annually for student success programs, scholarships, and book grants to support SBCC students as they prepare for careers, transfer to four-year universities, and pursue lifelong learning goals.
California State University, Los Angeles FoundationLos Angeles, CA
The mission of the Cal State LA Foundation is to advance the educational, cultural, scholarly, and creative activities and the role of community service of California State University, Los Angeles, by increasing private funding, responsibly managing donated resources and supporting the University and its diverse and distinct nature.
University Foundation at Sacramento StateSacramento, CA
THE UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION PROMOTES PHILANTHROPY TO PROVIDE A LEVEL OF EXCELLENCE AT THE UNIVERSITY BEYOND WHAT IS POSSIBLE THROUGH STATE FUNDS.THE MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION ACCOMPLISH THIS MISSION BY HELPING TO RAISE PRIVATE RESOURCES THAT ADVANCE THE MISSION AND PRIORITIES OF THE UNIVERSITY AND SERVING AS AMBASSADORS FOR PHILANTHROPY IN THE UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY. THE BOARD PROVIDES STEWARDSHIP IN THE PRUDENT INVESTMENT OF RESOURCES, ENSURING THE INTEGRITY OF THE FOUNDATION THROUGH ACCOUNTABILITY AND TRANSPARENCY IN ITS DEALINGS.
Cal State East Bay Educational FoundationHayward, CA
The Cal State East Bay Educational Foundation supports the university's mission to provide educational excellence for a diverse society through advocacy, development, personal contributions, and counsel to the university's advancement program. Trustees have a passionate commitment to educational excellence and diversity. In partnership with the Office of University Advancement, the foundation takes responsibility for development, public affairs, alumni relations and donor stewardship activities, and the financial management of gifts received for the benefit of the university and its programs.
By donating on this page you are making an irrevocable contribution to Daffy Charitable Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity, and a subsequent donation recommendation to the charity listed above, subject to our Member Agreement. Contributions are generally eligible for a charitable tax-deduction and a yearly consolidated receipt will be provided by Daffy. Processing fees may be applied and will reduce the value available to send to the end charity. The recipient organizations have not provided permission for this listing and have not reviewed the content.
Donations to organizations are distributed as soon as the donation is approved and the funds are available. In the rare event that Daffy is unable to fulfill the donation request to this charity, you will be notified and given the opportunity to choose another charity. This may occur if the charity is unresponsive or if the charity is no longer in good standing with regulatory authorities.