Catholic Big Brothers Big Sisters of Los Angeles County
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
Since 1925 Catholic Big Brothers Big Sisters' mission to the Los Angeles area has been to provide low-income, at-risk youth, of all beliefs and identities with strong, enduring and professionally supported, one-on-one relationships with caring adults that change the lives of these young people for the better; forever. Its vision is to create a lasting, positive impact on youth, helping them to succeed in school and in life.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The non-profit's aim, as stated in the filing, is “Catholic big brothers big sisters pairs youth in-need and volunteers of all faiths and backgrounds in one-to-one professionally suported mentoring relationships to help them academically and in life.”.
When referring to its actions, they were outlined as: “Catholic big brothers big sisters pairs youth in-need and volunteers of all faiths and backgrounds in one-to-one professionally supported mentoring relationships to help them academically and in life.”.
- The non-profit has complied with legal obligations by reporting their state of operation as CA.
- The non-profit's address in 2020 is noted in the filing as 1530 JAMES M WOOD, LOS ANGELES, CA, 90015.
- The non-profit's form for 2020 reports a total of 11 employees.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are between $500,000 and $1,000,000+.
- Revenue is between $500,000 and $1,000,000+.
- Revenue less expenses is -$179,815.
- The salary policy for the CEO of the organization is established through a review and approval by an impartial party.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 33 independent voting members.
- The organization has a professional fund raiser.
- The organization was formed in 1925.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $618,606 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $45,967 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Reprise 2 0 Inc.Marina Dl Rey, CA
Reprise 2.0 Inc. ('Reprise') is a nonprofit corporation organized and operated exclusively for charitable purposes, specifically to educate the public on the history of the American musical through recreations of pivotal shows from over the last 75 years. Reprise will acquaint the public with an education of the past by providing a richer understanding of the American musical. The organization will present a season of live performances, selected by theme and cultural significance, to be made available to the general public. In addition to the planned productions, Reprise will engage in educational outreach by providing opportunities for students to understand the components of professional production.
By donating on this page you are making an irrevocable contribution to Daffy Charitable Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity, and a subsequent donation recommendation to the charity listed above, subject to our Member Agreement. Contributions are generally eligible for a charitable tax-deduction and a yearly consolidated receipt will be provided by Daffy. Processing fees may be applied and will reduce the value available to send to the end charity. The recipient organizations have not provided permission for this listing and have not reviewed the content.
Donations to organizations are distributed as soon as the donation is approved and the funds are available. In the rare event that Daffy is unable to fulfill the donation request to this charity, you will be notified and given the opportunity to choose another charity. This may occur if the charity is unresponsive or if the charity is no longer in good standing with regulatory authorities.