St. Madeleine Sophie's Center, Inc.
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
The mission of St. Madeleine Sophie's Center (SMSC) is to educate and empower individuals with intellectual developmental disabilities (I/DD) to realize their full potential. Founded in 1966, SMSC is a licensed, vocational day training center that annually serves over 400 adults with I/DD (i.e. autism, Down syndrome, epilepsy, cerebral palsy) who represent a full spectrum of socio-economic, religious, ethnic, racial and cultural backgrounds. SMSC serves individuals with I/DD through nationally recognized innovative programs. We combine our culture of care and creativity within quality programs to provide liberal arts education, practical skills development, employment, and dignity for a lifetime. At SMSC, adult students learn and grow, earn modest income and enjoy friendships and social activities throughout their lifetimes - from recent high school graduate to senior citizen (age 22 to 70+). SMSC's programs are offered on a staff-to-student ratio of 1:3 to 1:6 depending on the needs of the individual. They include: Adaptive Computer Lab; Behavior Modification; Organic Garden; Work Activity Program; Aquatics; Culinary Arts; Aerobics/Fitness/Yoga; Dance; Sophie's Gallery; Music Therapy; Reading; Speech Therapy/Sign Language; and a Senior Program for students age 50+. SMSC operates two sites: (1) its 5-acre main campus on the outskirts of the City of El Cajon; (2) its Sophie's Gallery and Gift Shop which occupies a 4,400 sq. ft. storefront with art exhibition and studio space in Downtown El Cajon's revitalization district;.
Interesting data from their 2019 990 filing
The filing reveals the mission of the non-profit as “St. madeleine's serves 400+ people with developmental disabilities. our mission is to educate and empower individuals with developmental disabilities to realize their full potential. students participate in one of the following programs depending on their level of ability.”.
When detailing its functions, they were listed as: “St. madeleine's serves 400+ people with developmental disabilities. our mission is to educate and empower individuals with developmental disabilities to realize their full potential. students participate in one of the following programs depending on their level of ability.”.
- According to the law, the state where the non-profit operates has been reported as CA.
- The filing specifies that the non-profit's address in 2019 was 2119 East Madison, El Cajon, CA, 920191111.
- As of 2019, the non-profit's form shows they have a total of 517 employees.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Operates a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $259,163.
- The CEO compensation scheme within the organization is based on a review and endorsement process by a neutral entity.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 16 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1956.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $5,954,782 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $411,976 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Gender Spectrum Charitable FundSan Leandro, CA
Gender Spectrum's mission is to create a gender-inclusive world for all children and youth. To accomplish this, we help families, organizations, and institutions increase understandings of gender and consider the implications that evolving views have for each of us.
Millbrae Education FoundationMillbrae, CA
Millbrae Education Foundation strives to ensure that all Millbrae students have the opportunity to reach their highest potential. We partner with families, parent organizations (PTA/Os), Millbrae Elementary School District, and civic organizations and businesses. Together, we generate sustainable, reliable, and increasing funding to provide a quality education and ensure a successful future for Millbrae students.
City Learners Inc.Mill Valley, CA
My City School is an experience-based learning environment for middle school children for mild to moderate LD students who thrive in an environment that serves their kinesthetic, multi- sensory learning styles such as Dyslexia, ADHD, CAPD, Dysgraphia, and Dyscalculia. Our program delivers an individualized curriculum that teaches to and increases the capacity of each child's ability to learn. My City School allows the child to find their contribution in the world by sparking their motivation and interests, by providing individualized learning techniques that yield significant, measurable growth, and by incorporating strong social-emotional learning throughout the program. Our Mission is to provide each child with the academic, social-emotional and life skill resources they need to keep future doors open for high school, and higher education they choose.
Orinda Aquatics Inc.Orinda, CA
To promote competitive swimming for the benefit of athletes of all abilities (minimum ages or standards may apply), in accordance with the standards and under the rules prescribed by the Federation Internationale de Nation Amateur ("FINA"), United States Swimming, Inc. ("USS"), Pacific Swimming, Inc. ("Pacific Swimming"), and USA Master's Swimming.
By donating on this page you are making an irrevocable contribution to Daffy Charitable Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity, and a subsequent donation recommendation to the charity listed above, subject to our Member Agreement. Contributions are generally eligible for a charitable tax-deduction and a yearly consolidated receipt will be provided by Daffy. Processing fees may be applied and will reduce the value available to send to the end charity. The recipient organizations have not provided permission for this listing and have not reviewed the content.
Donations to organizations are distributed as soon as the donation is approved and the funds are available. In the rare event that Daffy is unable to fulfill the donation request to this charity, you will be notified and given the opportunity to choose another charity. This may occur if the charity is unresponsive or if the charity is no longer in good standing with regulatory authorities.