Cardinal Shehan Center Inc
Cardinal Shehan Center Inc
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for Cardinal Shehan Center Inc? Learn more here.
About this organization
Our mission is enriching lives through learning. This is accomplished by offering an After School & Saturday Youth Development Program, Summer Day Camp, various basketball leagues, Sign-Up Programs, Physical Education classes to grammar schools, and alternative education programs. The Center commits itself to offering a clean, safe environment where positive, growth-enhancing opportunities are offered regardless of race or religious affiliation.
The Cardinal Shehan Center is a non-profit organization located in Bridgeport, CT. Since 1962, the Center has served the recreational, educational, and social needs of moderate and low-income families and young people of lower Fairfield County, particularly inner-city Bridgeport.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The filing outlines the non-profit's goal as “To enhance educational, social, and recreational opportunities for low and moderate income youth. to provide athletic, recreational, educational, and social activities to inner-city youth as a means of developing strong family values and self esteem.”.
When explaining its purpose, the activities were outlined as: “To enhance educational, social, and recreational opportunities for low and moderate income youth.”.
- As per legal reporting requirements, the state of operation for the non-profit is CT.
- The non-profit's address for 2017 is listed as 1494 MAIN STREET, BRIDGEPORT, CT, 06604 in the filing.
- As per the non-profit's form, they have 93 employees as of 2017.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $248,759.
- The organization has 23 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1964.
- The organization pays $1,216,739 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $153,377 in fundraising expenses.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
Save The Children Federation, Inc.
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. We ensure children’s unique needs are met and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Mission: Together with our physicians, we provide a broad range of high-quality health and wellness services focused on the needs of our communities. Vision: Stamford Health is reimagining healing in every way, distinguishing ourselves as the most trusted healthcare partner for the communities we serve.