Sco Family Of Services
Sco Family Of Services
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for Sco Family Of Services? Learn more here.
About this organization
SCO Family of Services helps New Yorkers build a strong foundation for the future. We get young children off to a good start, launch youth into adulthood, stabilize and strengthen families, and unlock potential for children and adults with special needs. SCO has provided vital human services throughout New York City and Long Island for 125 years.
SPECIAL NEEDS & BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES - SEE SCHEDULE OSPECIAL NEEDS & BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES:SCO PROVIDES EXPERT CARE TO OVER 5,000 CHILDREN, YOUTH AND ADULTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS THROUGH A BROAD CONTINUUM OF SUPPORT, RESIDENTIAL AND TREATMENT SERVICES THAT UNLOCK POTENTIAL AND HELP THEM LEAD FULL AND PRODUCTIVE LIVES. WE PROVIDE SUPPORT TO CHILDREN AND YOUNG ADULTS WITH EMOTIONAL DISORDERS NEEDED TO LIVE AND FUNCTION IN THE COMMUNITY. WE OFFER HIGHLY STRUCTURED RESIDENTIAL SERVICES, CRISIS RESPITE, ASSESSMENT, CASE PLANNING AND CASE COORDINATION, CLINICAL SUPPORT AND TREATMENT, COMMUNITY BASED SERVICES AND IN-HOME SERVICES FOR CHILDREN AND YOUNG ADULTS WHO LIVE WITH THEIR FAMILIES AND OTHER CAREGIVERS.SCO HELPS CHILDREN, YOUTH AND ADULTS WITH DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES REALIZE THEIR FULL POTENTIAL AND BECOME PARTICIPATING MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY THROUGH A VARIETY OF IN HOME HABILITATIVE SERVICES, RESIDENCES AND SUPPORTIVE CAREGIVERS STRUCTURED TO PERMIT CHILDREN AND ADULTS WITH DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES TO STRIVE TO BECOME AS INDEPENDENT AS POSSIBLE.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The non-profit's aim, as stated in the filing, is “Sco family of services works with new york's most vulnerable-those striving to overcome the devastating impact of poverty, neglect, abuse or developmental and mental challenges. we respond to moments of crisis and prevent crises before they occur with a comprehensive array of services. we give individuals and families the support and tools needed for a healthy, stable and successful future, building stronger communities throughout the area.”.
When referring to its actions, they were outlined as: “Provides essential human services to persons in locations throughout the nyc metro area. we help vulnerable new yorkers meet life's challenges &help them build a solid foundation”.
- The non-profit has complied with legal obligations by reporting their state of operation as NY.
- The non-profit's address in 2017 is noted in the filing as 1 ALEXANDER PLACE, GLEN COVE, NY, 11542.
- The non-profit's form for 2017 reports a total of 4908 employees.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Provides credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $23,070,706.
- The salary policy for the CEO of the organization is established through a review and approval by an impartial party.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 16 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1898.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization engages in lobbying activities.
- The organization pays $163,152,438 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $1,375,559 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization pays grants to individuals.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
Harlem Children's Zone, Inc.
New York, NY
The unique Harlem Children’s Zone has transformed what it means for children to grow up in a high-poverty community. HCZ’s unprecedented success is a result of a seamless pipeline of programs that optimize the development of children at each level, from birth through college. In our 97-block Children’s Zone we strengthen the families around the children and have created a culture of success, where college-going is the norm. We serve 12,500 children and 12,500 adults among our 30+ programs, all guided by a commitment to continuous improvement and driven by data. We run two K-12 charter schools, early childhood programs, afterschool programs, social-work offices, community-building efforts and a college support program. We have graduated more than 700 students from college since 2011.
Little Flower Children And Family Services Of New York
Wading River, NY
Little Flower Children and Family Services of NY transforms caring into action to deliver services, programs, and direction to improve the lives of children in crisis, families, and adults with developmental disabilities. Our staff of over 500 people builds well-being by providing foster boarding home care, residential treatment care, adoption services, programs and services for individuals with developmental disabilities, and medical and mental health services
New York, NY
DREAM's mission is to provide inner-city youth with opportunities to Play, Learn and Grow. We use the power of teams to Coach, Teach and Inspire youth to recognize their potential and realize their dreams. DREAM's vision is to be a model sports-based youth development and education organization with a national portfolio of high-quality, high-impact sites.
New Directions Youth And Family Services, Inc.
New Directions Youth and Family Services fosters resilient, self-reliant families and permanence for at-risk children, in the shortest time possible by promoting safe, respectful, responsible, goal–directed behavior. We help youth overcome emotional, behavioral, and educational issues through a variety of services – each one using our effective treatment philosophy. We nurture. We encourage. We challenge. We empower not only the child, but the whole family. And we provide the skills needed to live more productive and fulfilling lives. We are proud to make a difference for children in Western New York, primarily serving the counties of Erie, Niagara, Cattaraugus, Allegany, and Wyoming. Our exceptional educational/residential program also helps youth from as far away as New York City.