Casita Maria, Inc.
Casita Maria, Inc.
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for Casita Maria, Inc.? Learn more here.
About this organization
Casita Maria creates a safe and welcoming community, enriching and uplifting youth and families towards success, through shared cultural, art and educational experiences and programs.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The non-profit's aim, as indicated in the filing, is “The mission of the casita maria center for arts and education is to empower youth and their families by creating a culture of learning through high quality social, cultural and educational opportunities. our vision is to effectively prepare the next generation for success by being a vital contributor to the south bronx renaissance, fostering culturally and artistically vibrant neighborhoods. we are one of the few organizations in the south bronx that welcomes kids at the age of six and stays with them until college, while providing family learning through the arts. we are also different in the plurality of ways in which we can attract community members to utilize our services. our students introduce their parents to our cultural programs, while our public programs guide parents to our wide ranging education programs. our work pervades the community, and our positive influence pervades the generations.”.
When referring to its functions, they were specified as: “Providing aid including education to children and families.”.
- The non-profit has reported their operating state as NY, as required by law.
- As stated in the filing, the non-profit's address in 2017 was 928 SIMPSON STREET - 6TH FLOOR, BRONX, NY, 104594402.
- The non-profit's form reports a total of 167 employees as of 2017.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$387,358.
- The organization has 16 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1934.
- The organization pays $2,253,325 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $362,767 in fundraising expenses.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
Columbia University in the City of New York, Trustees of
New York, NY
One of the world's most important centers of research, Columbia University is also a distinctive and distinguished learning environment for undergraduates and graduate students in many scholarly and professional fields. The University recognizes the importance of its location in New York City and seeks to link its research and teaching to the vast resources of a great metropolis. It seeks to attract a diverse and international faculty and student body, to support research and teaching on global issues, and to create academic relationships with many countries and regions. It expects all areas of the university to advance knowledge and learning at the highest level and to convey the products of its efforts to the world.