The New York Foundling
The New York Foundling
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for The New York Foundling? Learn more here.
About this organization
The New York Foundling, in the tradition of openness and compassion of its sponsors the Sisters of Charity, helps children, youth, adults, and families in need through services, supports, and advocacy that strengthen families and community and help each individual reach their full potential. The New York Foundling provides carefully designed programs, effective and interrelated services, and opportunities for our community members to create transformational change in their own lives.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The non-profit's mission, as described in the filing, is “In 1869, three sisters of charity opened their doors to save the lives of babies being abandoned on the streets of new york, beginning the tremendous legacy of the new york foundling. over the past 146 years, the foundling has evolved from a respite home for abandoned children, to a comprehensive spectrum of community services in support of our mission: to empower children and families to live healthy, independent, and fulfilling lives. our vision is a community where every person, regardless of background and circumstance, enjoys the safe, stable, and supportive relationships needed to reach his or her full potential. the foundling directly serves over 7,000 families in all five boroughs of new york city, rockland and westchester counties, and puerto rico, and recently expanded our reach to an additional 20,000 children by joining forces with the child abuse prevention program (capp). our programs respond to a wide variety of needs and support children and families who struggle with o”.
When describing its duties, they were characterized as: “The organization helps children, youth and adults in need through advocacy and through preventive and in-care services that help each individual reach his or her potential.”.
- The non-profit has complied with legal regulations by reporting their state of operation as NY.
- The filing shows that the non-profit's address as of 2017 is 590 AVENUE OF THE AMERICAS, NEW YORK, NY, 100112019.
- As of 2017, the non-profit has reported a total of 2367 employees on their form.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Provides credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$2,632,817.
- The compensation of the CEO of the organization is subject to review and approval by an independent body.
- The organization elects its board members.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 26 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1869.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization engages in lobbying activities.
- The organization pays $83,630,058 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $658,038 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
Sco Family Of Services
Glen Cove, NY
SCO Family of Services helps New Yorkers build a strong foundation for the future. We get young children off to a good start, launch youth into adulthood, stabilize and strengthen families, and unlock potential for children and adults with special needs. SCO has provided vital human services throughout New York City and Long Island for 125 years.
Jewish Board Of Family & Children's Services, Inc.
New York, NY
The Jewish Board provides a comprehensive network of mental health and social services that promotes well-being, resilience and self-sufficiency for individuals and families at every stage of life. Leaders in the field of human services, we proudly serve people of all faiths and cultures and affirm our historic commitment to the Jewish community.
Young Adult Institute, Inc.
New York, NY
YAI believes in seeing beyond disability. We are driven by our mission of living, loving, working, and learning. Our person-centered approach positions us to empower the people we support to reach their goals, both big and small, every day. YAI has grown into one of New York State’s largest social services nonprofits. Our staff of 4,000 provides supports and services to thousands of children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) and their families.
Delivering Good, Inc.
New York, NY
The mission of Delivering Good is to unite retailers, manufacturers, foundations and individuals to provide people impacted by poverty and tragedy with new merchandise, effectively distributed through a network of agency partners to offer hope, dignity and self-esteem to at-risk children, families, and individuals.