ALS Association Nevada Chapter
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
To discover treatments and a cure for ALS, and to serve, advocate for, and empower people affected by ALS to live their lives to the fullest throughout the state of Nevada.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
According to the filing documents, the non-profit's mission is defined as “Assisting patients afflicted with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and their families.”.
When referring to its tasks, they were referred to as: “Assisting patients afflicted with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and their families.”.
- The non-profit's state of operation has been legally reported as NV.
- According to the latest filing, the non-profit's address in 2020 is 3191 E WARM SPRINGS RD, LAS VEGAS, NV, 89120.
- The total number of employees reported by the non-profit on their form for 2020 is 5.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are between $250,000 and $500,000.
- Revenue is between $500,000 and $1,000,000+.
- Revenue less expenses is $138,126.
- The CEO compensation package within the organization is not determined through a thorough evaluation and endorsement by a neutral source.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 16 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 2004.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $263,333 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $87,643 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Nevada Obstetrical Charity Clinics Inc.Las Vegas, NV
The Nevada Obstetrical Charity Clinic (NOCC) is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to helping women obtain affordable healthcare, educating the community on the importance of prenatal care and early cancer screening, and also working on research to bring the most up to date medical technology and procedures to the Las Vegas community.
High Sierra Area Health Education Center Inc.Reno, NV
Development of a current & future pipeline of qualified healthcare workers for Nevada. Develop & enhance education and training within community based organizations and academic institutions. Be responsive to current and emergent issues to ensure quality healthcare practices.
Another Joy Foundation 1Las Vegas, NV
Another Joy Foundation provides vital educational materials and life-altering supplies to lower income schools within the United States. Globally, the Foundation provides life saving medicine, books, toys and supplies to third world countries, to help underprivileged children.
Hemostasis and Thrombosis Center of NevadaLas Vegas, NV
The primary purpose of the organization is to provide comprehensive clinical care to persons affected by inherited blood disorders and to administer programs supported by federal grants awarded by the department of health and human services health resources services administration (hrsa) through their maternal and child health bureau (mchb) and by the centers of disease control (cdc) passed through by hrsas region ix program.
Sierra Veterans Research and Education FoundationReno, NV
To support biomedical and clinical research as well as health related educational activities in conjunction with the VA Sierra Nevada Health Care System. Research sponsored by the organization benefits veterans treated at the VA Sierra Nevada Health Care System and the general public by advancing knowledge in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and disability. Education programs supported by the organization help disseminate the results of research so they may be translated to clinical practice, provide clinical staff with training in the latest treatments, and help patients understand and manage their medical conditions.
Safe EmbraceReno, NV
We are committed to ending the cycle of domestic violence and sexual assault with innovative prevention and intervention services. We define domestic violence as emotional, physical and sexual abuse, which includes control and coercion. Services include protecting victims, providing trauma-informed residential and outpatient treatment for survivors, and educating our community about healthy relationships.