St. Lukes Hospital
St. Lukes Hospital
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for St. Lukes Hospital? Learn more here.
About this organization
TO PROVIDE COMPASSIONATE, EXCELLENT QUALITY AND COST EFFECTIVE HEALTHCARE TO THE RESIDENTS OF THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE.
CARDIOVASCULAR MEDICINE: ST. LUKE'S HEART AND VASCULAR CENTER OFFERS A FULL SPECTRUM OF ADVANCED HEART AND VASCULAR SERVICES GENERALLY AVAILABLE ONLY AT MAJOR METROPOLITAN TEACHING HOSPITALS. THE HOSPITAL'S HEART CARE PROGRAM HAS EARNED CHEST PAIN CENTER ACCREDITATION AND JOINT COMMISSION CERTIFICATION FOR HEART FAILURE. IT HAS REPEATEDLY EARNED THE HIGHEST OVERALL OPEN-HEART SURGERY QUALITY RATING FROM THE SOCIETY OF THORACIC SURGEONS AND WAS NAMED ONE OF THE NATION'S 50 TOP CARDIOVASCULAR HOSPITALS BY THOMSON REUTERS. THE NATIONAL COMMITTEE FOR QUALITY ASSURANCE HAS AWARDED THE HOSPITAL'S CLINICS FOR THE UNDERSERVED SPECIAL RECOGNITION IN THE AREA OF HEART AND STROKE CARE. PLEASE REFER TO SCHEDULE O FOR THE ORGANIZATION'S COMMUNITY BENEFIT STATEMENT.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
From their filing, the objective of the non-profit is stated as “The mission of the organization is to provide compassionate, excellent quality and cost effective healthcare to the residents of the communities we serve regardless of race, color, creed, sex, national origin or ability to pay. the organization is an affiliate within st. luke's university health network ("network"); a tax-exempt integrated healthcare delivery network. st. luke's health network, inc. is the tax-exempt parent entity of the network. the network has an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured, educate physicians, nurses and other healthcare providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve. please refer to schedule o for the organization's community benefit statement.”.
When talking about its functions, they were outlined as: “To provide compassionate, excellent quality and cost effective healthcare to the residents of the communities we serve.”.
- The legally reported state of operation for the non-profit is PA.
- According to the filing, the non-profit's address in 2017 is 801 OSTRUM STREET, BETHLEHEM, PA, 18015.
- The non-profit organization as of 2017 has a total of 7117 employees reported on their form.
- Operates a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $54,209,650.
- The CEO's compensation within the organization is determined through a thorough evaluation by an impartial entity.
- The organization elects its board members.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 12 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1872.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization engages in lobbying activities.
- The organization pays $294,313,623 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $0 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization pays grants to individuals.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has a business related family member transaction.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization has grants to organizations.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
Temple University Hospital Inc.
Our mission is to support Temple University and its Health Sciences Center academic programs by providing the clinical environment and service to support the highest quality teaching and training programs for health care students and professionals, and to support the highest quality research programs.
St. Christophers Hospital for Children
West Reading, PA
THE MISSION OF THE READING HOSPITAL IS TO PROVIDE COMPASSIONATE, ACCESSIBLE, HIGH QUALITY, COST EFFECTIVE CARE TO THE COMMUNITY: TO PROMOTE HEALTH; TO EDUCATE HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS; AND TO PARTICIPATE IN APPROPRIATE CLINICAL RESEARCH. ASK SOMEONE TO DEFINE A HOSPITAL'S ROLE IN THE COMMUNITY, AND MOST OFTEN YOU HEAR ABOUT SERVICES AND DEPARTMENTS, OR ABOUT DOCTORS, NURSES AND OTHER CAREGIVERS. IN ADDITION TO ITS PRIMARY ROLE AS A PROVIDER OF DIRECT CARE, READING HOSPITAL ADDRESSES ISSUES OUTSIDE THAT REALM THAT IMPACT HEALTH AND WELLNESS. IN FACT, A KEY PART OF OUR MISSION MEANS THE REINVESTMENT OF OUR RESOURCES INTO THESE EFFORTS, WHICH ARE COLLECTIVELY KNOWN AS COMMUNITY BENEFIT. WE ARE PROUD TO REPORT THAT IN OUR LAST FISCAL YEAR, WE COMMITTED MORE THAN 192 MILLION TO THIS CAUSE. OUR CAREGIVERS AND SUPPORT STAFF PARTICIPATE IN HEALTH EDUCATION, FREE SCREENINGS, AND IMMUNIZATIONS. THEY SUPPORT ACTIVITIES FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH SERIOUS OR CHRONIC HEALTH CONDITIONS, ADVANCE SELF-CARE B