The Puppy Up Foundation
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
The organization is formed for charitable purposes, more specifically to promote canine cancer awareness and education, and support canine cancer research
The purpose of this study is to determine the anti-tumor effects, the toxicity (or lack thereof), and the appropriate dose of vemurafenib in dogs with TCC. Vemurafenib is a drug that kills tumor cells that have a very precise mutation. The goal is to improve the outlook for pet dogs and people with cancer.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
From their filing, the objective of the non-profit is stated as “To promote canine cancer awareness and the similarities to human cancers and to fund education and cancer research that benefits both pets and people.”.
When talking about its functions, they were outlined as: “The organization is formed for charitable purposes, more specifically to promote canine cancer awareness and education, and support canine cancer research”.
- The legally reported state of operation for the non-profit is TN.
- According to the filing, the non-profit's address in 2020 is 1460 MADISON AVENUE, MEMPHIS, TN, 38104.
- The non-profit organization as of 2020 has a total of 3 employees reported on their form.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are between $250,000 and $500,000.
- Revenue is between $100,000 and $250,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$14,525.
- The CEO's compensation within the organization is not based on a review and approval by an independent party.
- The organization has 5 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 2014.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $130,460 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $0 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization has grants to organizations.
North American Police Work Dog AssociationParis, TN
Our mission is that we are dedicated to assisting police work dog teams throughout the world. We conduct in service training workshops in various states throughout the year and hold a major national workshop once a year. Officers and their K9s attend these worksops for problem solving, legal updates, new techniques in various phases of police work dog use and certifications to our standards.
Horse Plus Humane SocietyHohenwald, TN
Our mission is to prevent abuse, needless suffering, and slaughter of horses through auction rescue, owner surrender, and when necessary, seizure. We also specialize in helping other farm type animals. We shelter, rehabilitate and adopt into loving homes hundreds of horses a year. We operate shelters across the United States in California, Oklahoma and Tennessee. We are the nation's largest open door shelter for horses.
Peterson Foundation for ParkinsonsNashville, TN
Peterson Foundation for Parkinson's (PFP) mission is to educate and raise awareness of the devastating effects of Parkinson's disease. PFP promotes events to raise funds for Parkinson's related research, education, and support groups in Middle Tennessee and nationally.
Cheatham County Animal Awareness FoundationPegram, TN
Cheatham County Animal Awareness Foundation ("CCAAF") was founded in 1997 with a mission of finding responsible homes for adoptable animals being held at the Cheatham County Animal Control ("CCAC"); helping control overpopulation through spay/neuter assistance; and to help provide a comfortable place for the animals at Animal Control.
Tennessee AquariumChattanooga, TN
The Tennessee Aquarium connects people with nature and inspires them to make informed decisions about water and wildlife. Our world-class exhibits, exceptional staff, and hands-on conservation efforts have reached more than 25 million people and have reconnected Chattanoogans to the river on which we all depend. As a fiscally sound nonprofit, the positive impacts of our Aquarium reach far beyond our core mission. Aquarium supporters continually inspire our staff to build on our successes to better serve our community. We celebrate the collective impact the Aquarium and its visitors produce for our community and the people who call it home.
Humane Society of Dickson CountyDickson, TN
The mission of the Humane Society of Dickson County is; to give voice and shelter to unwanted, abandoned and abused animals in our community and find them forever homes. To teach the importance of spaying and neutering and educate the public in responsible pet ownership.