Blue Ridge Council, Boy Scouts of America
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
The Mission of the Boy Scouts of America is to prepare young people to make ethical choices over their lifetime by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The filing sets forth the mission of the non-profit as “The corporation shall promote, within the territory covered by the charter from time to time granted it by the boy scouts of america and in accordance with the congressional charter, bylaws, and rules and regulations of the boy scouts of america, the scouting program of promoting the ability of boys and young men and women to do things for themselves and others, training them in scoutcraft, and teaching them patriotism, courage, self- reliance, and kindred virtues, using the methods which are now in common use by the boy scouts of america.”.
When detailing its responsibilities, they were listed as: “The corporation shall promote, within the territory covered by the charter from time to time granted it by the boy scouts of america and in accordance with the congressional charter, bylaws, and rules and regulations of the boy scouts of america, the scouting program of promoting the ability of boys and young men and women to do things for themselves and others, training them in scoutcraft, and teaching them patriotism, courage, self- reliance, and kindred virtues, using the methods which are now in common use by the boy scouts of america.”.
- The state in which the non-profit is legally permitted to operate is SC.
- The address of the non-profit for 2020 according to the filing is 601 CALLAHAN MTN HWY, TRAVELERS REST, SC, 29690.
- The number of employees reported by the non-profit on their form as of 2020 is 79.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$227,616.
- The CEO compensation structure within the organization is based on a review and approval from a neutral party.
- The organization elects its board members.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 93 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1923.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $1,243,557 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $121,587 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization pays grants to individuals.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Partners in Agriculture Inc.Greenville, SC
The mission is to enable human development in Haiti's central plateau to reach its greatest potential through education, leading to personal responsibility, collective development and the restoration of human dignity. Partners in Agriculture, Inc. is dedicated to education, agriculture, and community outreach.
Dobys Bridge Elementary PtoFort Mill, SC
The PTO has been formed to promote the general welfare of all the children who are students attending Dobys Bridge Elementary School to provide assistance to the faculty and staff in facilitating an excellent educational environment, and to foster cooperation and understanding between parents and/or legal guardians, faculty, students, and community.
Sigma Delta PiCharleston, SC
The purposes of the Organization is to honor those who have attained excellence in the study of the language, literature, and culture of the Spanish-speaking peoples and for those who have made the modern Hispanic culture better known in the English-speaking world and to serve its membership in ways which will contribute to the attainment of the goals and ideals of the society.
South Carolina Community Loan FundCharleston, SC
Our mission is to advance equitable access to capital to build assets and benefit communities and people most in need of economic opportunity. • We accomplish our mission by providing loans, technical assistance, advocacy, and knowledge for the development of affordable housing, healthy food enterprises, community facilities, and community businesses. • Acknowledging that the need for our work is rooted in generations of injustice and disinvestment, we focus on serving people of color, women, low-income individuals, and those in rural communities.
Redux Contemporary Art CenterCharleston, SC
Redux Contemporary Art Center is committed to fostering creativity and the cultivation of contemporary art through diverse exhibitions, affordable studio space for visual artists, meaningful education and outreach programs, and a multidisciplinary approach to the dialogue between artists and their audiences.
By donating on this page you are making an irrevocable contribution to Daffy Charitable Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity, and a subsequent donation recommendation to the charity listed above, subject to our Member Agreement. Contributions are generally eligible for a charitable tax-deduction and a yearly consolidated receipt will be provided by Daffy. Processing fees may be applied and will reduce the value available to send to the end charity. The recipient organizations have not provided permission for this listing and have not reviewed the content.
Donations to organizations are distributed as soon as the donation is approved and the funds are available. In the rare event that Daffy is unable to fulfill the donation request to this charity, you will be notified and given the opportunity to choose another charity. This may occur if the charity is unresponsive or if the charity is no longer in good standing with regulatory authorities.