East Cooper Habitat for Humanity, Inc.
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
East Cooper Habitat for Humanity (ECHFH) is a non-profit, Christian housing ministry that believes that every man, woman and child should have a decent, safe and affordable place to live. ECHFH assists families by building safe, well-constructed homes. ECHFH utilizes volunteer labor and donated funds to provide a “hand up,” not a “hand out,” to its partner families. Homeowners are selected based upon their need, their demonstrated ability to handle personal finances, and their willingness to contribute a minimum of 350 “sweat equity” hours during the construction of their home. Upon completion, Habitat homes are purchased by the homeowner using an affordable mortgage.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The purpose of the non-profit is stated in the filing as “To implement the gospel of jesus christ in south carolina and throughout the united states and the world by working with economically disadvantaged people to help them create a better human habitat in which to live and work.”.
Their activities were defined as: “To implement the gospel of jesus christ in south carolina and throughout the united states and the world by working with economically disadvantaged people to help them create a better human habitat in which to live and work.”.
- As per legal requirements, the non-profit's state of operation is reported as SC.
- The form of the non-profit organization shows 5 employees as of 2020.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Provides credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are between $500,000 and $1,000,000+.
- Revenue is between $500,000 and $1,000,000+.
- Revenue less expenses is $74,912.
- The compensation policy for the CEO of the organization is established through an impartial evaluation and endorsement.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 14 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1990.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization pays $212,904 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $33,711 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization pays grants to individuals.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Partners in Agriculture Inc.Greenville, SC
The mission is to enable human development in Haiti's central plateau to reach its greatest potential through education, leading to personal responsibility, collective development and the restoration of human dignity. Partners in Agriculture, Inc. is dedicated to education, agriculture, and community outreach.
Dobys Bridge Elementary PtoFort Mill, SC
The PTO has been formed to promote the general welfare of all the children who are students attending Dobys Bridge Elementary School to provide assistance to the faculty and staff in facilitating an excellent educational environment, and to foster cooperation and understanding between parents and/or legal guardians, faculty, students, and community.
Sigma Delta PiCharleston, SC
The purposes of the Organization is to honor those who have attained excellence in the study of the language, literature, and culture of the Spanish-speaking peoples and for those who have made the modern Hispanic culture better known in the English-speaking world and to serve its membership in ways which will contribute to the attainment of the goals and ideals of the society.
South Carolina Community Loan FundCharleston, SC
Our mission is to advance equitable access to capital to build assets and benefit communities and people most in need of economic opportunity. • We accomplish our mission by providing loans, technical assistance, advocacy, and knowledge for the development of affordable housing, healthy food enterprises, community facilities, and community businesses. • Acknowledging that the need for our work is rooted in generations of injustice and disinvestment, we focus on serving people of color, women, low-income individuals, and those in rural communities.
Redux Contemporary Art CenterCharleston, SC
Redux Contemporary Art Center is committed to fostering creativity and the cultivation of contemporary art through diverse exhibitions, affordable studio space for visual artists, meaningful education and outreach programs, and a multidisciplinary approach to the dialogue between artists and their audiences.