Bay Area Habitat for Humanity-Houston
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry dedicated to eliminating substandard housing and homelessness worldwide and to making adequate, affordable shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people from all faiths and walks of life to work together in partnership, building houses with families in need.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
According to the filing, the non-profit's mission is “To provide simple, decent, affordable housing in decent communities. habitat invites people from all walks of life to work together to help build houses with partner families.”.
When referring to its actions, they were described as: “Bay area habitat for humanity - houston, inc (bahfh) is an affiliate of habitat for humanity international an ecumenical christian non-profit who is committed to eliminating substandard housing and homelessness worldwide. founded in 1991, bahfh has been building safe, decent,”.
- According to the law, the state of operation reported by the non-profit is TX.
- As per the filing, the address of the non-profit for 2020 is 1120 NASA PARKWAY SUITE 420, HOUSTON, TX, 77058.
- According to their form, the non-profit as of 2020 has a total of 8 employees.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Provides credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$242,220.
- The CEO compensation plan of the organization is determined by an independent party's review and approval.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 11 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1991.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $623,095 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $78,205 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Arlington Symphony Orchestra IncArlington, TX
Symphony Arlington is a 501(c)3 nonprofit with a mission to enhance the quality of life in our growing and diverse community by inspiring, entertaining and involving citizens and organizations through music concerts of superior cultural and educational value.
Green Extreme Homes Community Development CorporationLewisville, TX
To provide a path to financial stability, job creation, healthy, safe, energy efficient, affordable housing options in Texas primarily for those disadvantaged in any way with focus on new homes and rehabilitating older homes. In addition, another focus is on stabilizing communities by providing decent, affordable housing combined with social services centered around financial stability, job counseling, and nutritional services.
A Time & A Season Christian CareDallas, TX
At a Time & a Season Christian Day School, our mission is to provide child care that meets the needs of each child and family in a safe, educational environment. We pride our center's focus on the individual needs of each child, while providing quality, reliable and safe child care.
Fe y Justicia Worker CenterHouston, TX
Fe y Justicia Worker Center (Faith & Justice Worker Center) is a safe space for low-wage workers to learn about their workplace rights and collaborate to improve conditions on the job. We build the voice of low-income families in Houston in order to ensure a community in which all work is respected and all workers have a right to a healthy and sustainable job.
By donating on this page you are making an irrevocable contribution to Daffy Charitable Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity, and a subsequent donation recommendation to the charity listed above, subject to our Member Agreement. Contributions are generally eligible for a charitable tax-deduction and a yearly consolidated receipt will be provided by Daffy. Processing fees may be applied and will reduce the value available to send to the end charity. The recipient organizations have not provided permission for this listing and have not reviewed the content.
Donations to organizations are distributed as soon as the donation is approved and the funds are available. In the rare event that Daffy is unable to fulfill the donation request to this charity, you will be notified and given the opportunity to choose another charity. This may occur if the charity is unresponsive or if the charity is no longer in good standing with regulatory authorities.