National Marrow Donor Program
National Marrow Donor Program
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for National Marrow Donor Program? Learn more here.
About this organization
WE SAVE LIVES THROUGH CELLULAR THERAPY.
TRANSPLANT - IN 1987, THE FOUNDERS OF NATIONAL MARROW DONOR PROGRAM (NMDP) MADE A COMMITMENT TO INCREASE ACCESS TO TRANSPLANTS AND TO FIND PEOPLE WILLING TO DONATE AND SUPPORT RESEARCH TO EXTEND AND IMPROVE LIVES. NMDP'S MISSION STATEMENT - "WE SAVE LIVES THROUGH CELLULAR THERAPY" - CAPTURES AND COMMUNICATES THE REASON FOR NMDP'S EXISTENCE. EACH YEAR, NMDP INCURS PROGRAM MEDICAL EXPENSES RELATED TO MATCHING UNRELATED DONORS WITH PATIENTS. IN FISCAL YEAR 2019, MORE THAN 16,100 U.S. AND INTERNATIONAL SEARCHES OF THE BE THE MATCH REGISTRY WERE CONDUCTED ON BEHALF OF PATIENTS SEEKING A MATCHING DONOR OR CORD BLOOD UNIT. 6,553 PATIENTS WENT ON TO RECEIVE A TRANSPLANT. SINCE BEGINNING OPERATIONS, NMDP HAS FACILITATED MORE THAN 100,000 MARROW AND CORD BLOOD TRANSPLANTS FOR PATIENTS.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The filing clearly states the mission of the non-profit as “We save lives through cellular therapy.”.
When detailing its duties, they were outlined as: “We save lives through cellular therapy.”.
- In compliance with legal regulations, the non-profit has reported their state of operation as CO.
- The filing records the non-profit's address for 2017 as 500 N 5th St, Minneapolis, MN, 554011206.
- The non-profit's form for the year 2017 reports a total of 1116 employees on their payroll.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Has foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $21,474,215.
- The CEO's salary plan within the organization is subject to review and endorsement by an independent body.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has a foreign financial account.
- The organization has 20 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1981.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization engages in lobbying activities.
- The organization pays $86,333,230 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $623,243 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has grants to organizations.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
Be The Match Foundation
Be The Match Foundation supports the life-saving mission of Be The Match/National Marrow Donor Program, ensuring that patients diagnosed with blood cancers such as leukemia and other diseases get the stem cell transplant they need for a second chance at life. A transplant offers hope for a cure. We connect patients with their genetically matched stem cell donors and provide comprehensive support throughout the transplant journey, from diagnosis through recovery, and we conduct medical research to improved outcomes and quality of life for transplant patients. Our patients and stem cell donors are primarily in the United States, but many donors and patients served by our mission are based internationally; at locations throughout the globe.
Gift of Life Inc.
TO PROVIDE TRANSPLANT PATIENTS AND THEIR CAREGIVERS WITH HIGH QUALITY, AFFORDABLE ACCOMMODATIONS IN A SUPPORTIVE, HOME-LIKE ENVIRONMENT. GIFT OF LIFE PROVIDED LODGING FOR 4,300 GUESTS IN 2018. GUESTS HAVE AN AVERAGE STAY OF 3-4 WEEKS FOR KIDNEY TRANSPLANTS AND 3-4 MONTHS FOR STEM CELL OR BONE MARROW PATIENTS. GIFT OF LIFE HAS AN 84 BED FACILITY.