ALS Association-Tennessee Chapter
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
To discover treatments and a cure for ALS, and to serve, advocate for, and empower people affected by ALS to live their lives to the fullest.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The non-profit's aim, as stated in the filing, is “The amyotrophic lateral sclerosis association's mission is to raise money to assist in finding a cure for als and to improve the lifestyle of those who have als.”.
When detailing its duties, they were outlined as: “The amyotrophic lateral sclerosis association's mission is to raise money to assist in finding a cure for als and to improve the lifestyle of those who have als.”.
- The non-profit has complied with legal obligations by reporting their state of operation as TN.
- The non-profit's address in 2020 is noted in the filing as 4300 SIDCO DR STE 200, NASHVILLE, TN, 37204.
- The non-profit's form for the year 2020 reports a total of 12 employees on their payroll.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$66,474.
- The salary policy for the CEO of the organization is established through a review and approval by an impartial party.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 13 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 2004.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $537,396 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $115,445 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Franklin Housing CollaborativeFranklin, TN
To promote affordable/workforce housing to various income levels and provide assistance to low-income individuals to impart better life, social, economic and personal skills to foster self-improvement and self-sufficiency through education, instruction and guidance.
Novick Cardiac AllianceMemphis, TN
To provide pediatric cardiac care to children in underserved regions of low and middle-income countries and education to their healthcare professionals in order to achieve an independently functioning local team over time. Our goal is to build local capacity and sustainability in pediatric cardiac care in low and middle-income countries. We do this regardless of gender, race, religion, economics or political affiliations.
Memphis Delta Preparatory Charter School IncMemphis, TN
The mission of Memphis Delta Preparatory (MDP) Charter School is to support and grow productive and well-rounded citizens who will succeed in college and beyond. We will work tirelessly to ensure that all of our students are prepared to reach, attend, and graduate from highly selective colleges and universities. A completed course of study at a top-tier college will allow our students to build and support healthy and happy families, empower and improve their Memphis neighborhoods, and enjoy a rich intellectual life. MDP is committed to closing racial and economic achievement gaps in a meaningful way – not only as measured through elementary and secondary standardized test scores, but more importantly, through post-secondary degree attainment. Excellent teaching is by far the most significant in-school factor driving student learning. To achieve the results we seek for all of our students, we will have an intensive focus on highly-effective teacher coaching, so that every teacher at MDP is providing a world-class education for our students. Studies have shown that high quality teacher development can quickly change teacher practice and increase effectiveness, for both new and veteran teachers. At MDP, we will hold our students and ourselves to a high standard of performance, effort, and integrity, ensuring that our school community uses the challenges our students and families face to motivate and inspire our work rather than to excuse suboptimal outcomes. We know that when teachers are getting better, at an ever-accelerating rate, our students can consistently achieve at unprecedented levels.
Legacy Mission VillageNashville, TN
Founded by refugees for refugees, Legacy's mission is to provide hope and healing to refugees in the Middle Tennessee area by empowering refugees with education and skills to achieve stability and thereby facilitating successful integration into American society.
Free Medical Clinic of Oak Ridge Inc.Oak Ridge, TN
Free medical clinic of Oak Ridge was established to promote and deliver free medical and dental care to unisured individuals with limited access to basic health care services. It will also help promote coordination of health care services and education to the people of the region
New Beginings CenterNashville, TN
TO IMPROVE TENNESSEE HEALTH STATISTICS WITH A TARGETED FOCUS ON WOMEN'S HEALTH NEEDS BY PROVIDING ACCESS TO WELLNESS PROGRAMS, STRENGTH TRAINING, PHYSICAL AND NUTRITIONAL EDUCATION, AND PERSONAL COACHING. THE NEW BEGINNINGS CENTER GIVES QUALIFIED LOW-INCOME WOMEN THE TANGIBLE SKILLS, TRAINING, AND EMPOWERMENT NEEDED TO ASSIST THEM IN IMPROVING THEIR HEALTH, FUTURES, CAPABILITIES, AND QUALITY OF LIFE. THE MISSION IS TO HELP WOMEN DISCOVER THEMSELVES, INSIDE AND OUT, AND TO BECOME THE HEALTHIEST THEY CAN BE THROUGH WORLD CLASS COACHING IN FITNESS, NUTRITION, AND BEHAVIOR CHANGE.
Mobile Ministry of DentistryMemphis, TN
The mobile ministry of dentistry's mission is to inform patients of the importance of oral health, help eliminate access to care challenges, and to create a total oral health program for patients, parents, caregivers, and educators. The organization's vision is to reduce childhood decay and increase access to care, provide quality, low-cost/free services to those in need, and to produce a turn-key operation to be implemented state-wide.