Michigan Crossroads Council, Boy Scouts of America
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
The mission of Michigan Crossroads Council is to use the methods of the Boy Scouts of America in order to prepare the youth of the Council to make ethical and moral decisions throughout their lives by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The non-profit's mission, as described in the filing, is “The mission of the boy scouts of america is to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the scout oath and law.”.
When describing its duties, they were characterized as: “The mission of the boy scouts of america is to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the scout oath and law.”.
- The non-profit has complied with legal regulations by reporting their state of operation as MI.
- The filing shows that the non-profit's address as of 2020 is 137 SOUTH MARKETPLACE BLVD, LANSING, MI, 48917.
- As of 2020, the non-profit has reported a total of 561 employees on their form.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $2,323,997.
- The compensation of the CEO of the organization is subject to review and approval by an independent body.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 80 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 2012.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $9,573,520 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $1,243,298 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization pays grants to individuals.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
The PantryKentwood, MI
To provide a food pantry in Southeast Kent County, Michigan serving some of the most impoverished communities in Southeast Kent County. To provide holistic aid to our neighbors in need, supplying them with the food and personal care items that they desperately need now, as well as tools of empowerment, through education and one-on-one case management. Our goal is to equip our neighbors to transform their own lives - body, mind & soul - in the long term.
Children of the Rising Sun Empowerment CenterDetroit, MI
The mission of the organization is to foster and promote awareness and interest in the need for a more wholesome community through educational and service availability to children and their families and, thereby, improve the quality of life in Detroit and the surrounding areas.
Alzheimers Research AssociationSt. Clr Shores, MI
Organized exclusively for charitable, religious, educational, and scientific purposes, including, for such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under 501(c)(3) of the internal revenue code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code. Specific purpose is to educate caregivers of Alzheimer's patients, and to raise awareness of Alzheimer's.
Apple PlayschoolsAnn Arbor, MI
At Apple Playschools, we embody inclusion, innovation, and environmental stewardship in entrepreneurship and education in order to make a more equitable world. Apple Playschools fulfills our mission by creating collaborative partnerships that support both children and adults in our community. We facilitate innovative, play-based early childhood education promoting interpersonal relationships, equity and inclusion, and nature exploration. We envision a world where all people are respected as capable, competent and empowered citizens of the planet.
Furqan InstituteFlint, MI
Furqan Institute deliver a high quality learning experience in the field of recitation and memorization of the Holy Qur'an. The mission of Furqan Institute is to promote and provide relief, assistance or education, in connection with Qur'anic teaching and charity services.
Conscious Capitalism IncWarren, MI
Conscious Capitalism, Inc.'s purpose is to elevate humanity through business. We believe that business is good because it creates value, it is ethical because it is based on voluntary exchange, it is noble because it can elevate our existence and it is heroic because it lifts people out of poverty and creates prosperity. Free enterprise capitalism is the most powerful system for social cooperation and human progress ever conceived. It is one of the most compelling ideas we humans have ever had. But we can aspire to even more.
Christian Mission Aid Inc.Zeeland, MI
To assist the vulnerable and under-privileged, providing them with the basic necessities of life, meeting their spiritual, physical and social needs especially addressing child poverty and impact of diseases, disasters and social strife, especially in rural churches and communities.
Compassionate Friends, Inc.Wixom, MI
The mission of The Compassionate Friends: When a child dies, at any age, the family suffers intense pain and may feel hopeless and isolated. The Compassionate Friends provides highly personal comfort, hope, and support to every family experiencing the death of a son or a daughter, a brother or a sister, or a grandchild, and helps others better assist the grieving family.