GOOD SHEPHERD GRACENTER
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
Our Mission is to help women without resources break free from drug and alcohol addiction and create a hopeful future for themselves and others. We do this by offering: • Transitional housing for women based on the 12-Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous that is safe, supportive and promotes peace and harmony in their lives. • Recovery mentoring • Opportunities to explore new ideas, experiences and practices of wellness • Avenues to higher education, skill-building and giving back to community
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The filing clearly states the mission of the non-profit as “Good shepherd gracenter (gracenter) helps women without resources break free from drug and alcohol addiction. by providing long-term transitional housing with an individualized 12-step recovery plan, we offer each woman the opportunity to live a healthy and meaningful life. gracenters approach is both comprehensive and preventative, providing a clean and sober residence, weekly counseling and mentoring meetings, three healthy meals each day, linkages to social and safety net services, higher education and internships, job readiness and employment opportunities, skill-building classes and workshops, and a community of support to help women achieve independent and sober living. gracenter clients have an excellent recovery rate due our utilization of best practices in the recovery field which include: a) the 12-step approach, which is practical and therapeutic; b) restorative justice practices of accepting responsibility for one's actions, repairing the harm through apology, restitution,”.
When outlining its functions, they were explained as: “Gracenter is a licensed recovery facility for women to help them reclaim their lives from drugs and alcohol addiction.”.
- In compliance with legal regulations, the non-profit has reported their state of operation as CA.
- The filing records the non-profit's address for 2020 as 1310 Bacon Street, San Francisco, CA, 94134.
- As of 2020, the non-profit's form reports a total of 19 employees.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are between $500,000 and $1,000,000+.
- Revenue is between $500,000 and $1,000,000+.
- Revenue less expenses is $243,485.
- The compensation of the CEO of the organization is not based on an independent review and approval process.
- The organization elects its board members.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 10 independent voting members.
- The organization has a professional fund raiser.
- The organization was formed in 1932.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $361,436 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $93,238 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Greater Broadway PartnershipSacramento, CA
The Greater Broadway Partnership service plan includes managing our clean, safe, physical enhancement program and our economic enhancement program. These programs provide services beyond what is offered by the city to promote business vitality, retain and increase property values.
Gary and Mary West Senior Services Inc.San Marcos, CA
Primarily to operate a high-quality, affordable outpatient clinic for the medical (cont.) care of seniors under a federal and state governmental program known as PACE, in order to enable seniors to live in their communities as independently as possible.