Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for Suncoast Hospice? Learn more here.
About this organization
Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services, and inspiration through endless encouragement. Suncoast Hospice is a member of Empath Health, a nonprofit integrated network of care supporting those challenged by chronic and advanced illness. For more than 40 years, we have been honored to be Pinellas County’s community hospice for expert end-of-life care. We aim to uplift the whole well-being of patients and families with the highest level of care and support. We provide medical treatment, integrative medicine, volunteer support, counseling, caregiver education and more. Additionally, we help bring comfort and peace to lives that come to a close along with hope and healing to loved ones after a loss.
Hospice services - founded by volunteers, Suncoast Hospice's mission of care focuses on persons with chronic or serious illnesses and extends to those acting as caregivers or working through grief or trauma. Suncoast Hospice is recognized nationwide for its innovative service delivery and advocacy for social change. In addition to providing care in private homes and apartments, Suncoast Hospice serves those who reside in nursing homes, assisted living facilities (ALFs), its own care centers, hospitals and other settings. Of those who died in Pinellas County last year, approximately 53% were served by Suncoast Hospice. Suncoast Hospice serves all people without regard to diagnoses, age, religious, ethnic or financial circumstances. Over $800,000 in uncompensated care was provided to individuals and families last year. (continued in schedule o)
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The mission of the non-profit, as stated in the filing, is “Suncoast hospice's mission is to be the center to improve life for those touched by advanced illness, death, dying, grief, bereavement and other end-of-life issues. (continued in schedule o).”.
When detailing its duties, they were outlined as: “Suncoast hospice's mission is to be the center to improve life for those touched by advanced illness, death, dying, grief, bereavement and other end-of-life issues.”.
- The non-profit is operating legally in the state of FL.
- The non-profit's address for the year 2017 is listed as 5771 Roosevelt Boulevard, Clearwater, FL, 33760 in the filing.
- The non-profit's form for the year 2017 reports a total of 1012 employees on their payroll.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $897,133.
- The CEO's salary plan within the organization is not subject to review and approval from a neutral entity.
- The organization elects its board members.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 12 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1977.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization engages in lobbying activities.
- The organization pays $56,822,937 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $941,206 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
Hope Hospice And Community Services Inc.
Fort Myers, FL
Our mission is to improve the quality of life for every person experiencing serious illness by providing exceptional, comforting care and choices that give hope and meaning to every moment. Our vision is to transform the experiences of illness, aging, and dying into opportunities to live well.
Tidewell Hospice, Inc.
The mission of Tidewell is to help people live well by providing care, comfort, and compassion. This is accomplished by providing the highest quality of care to patients living with advanced illness and their families. The primary goal is to honor patient and family choices through individualized programs and services.
Hospice Of Palm Beach County Inc
West Palm Beach, FL
The Mission Of Hospice Of Palm Beach County, Inc. (Hpbc) Is To Provide Premier Healthcare To All People Facing End-Of-Life Issues Through Dynamic Services That Enhance The Quality Of Life And Address The Specific Needs Of Our Community. (Continued In Schedule O)
Hospice By The Sea Inc
West Palm Beach, FL
Our Mission Is To Honor Life, Offer Care And Comfort With Dignity And Ease The Burdens Of All Patients, Caregivers And Families Enduring The Challenges Of A Serious And Progressive Illness. We Provide The Highest Quality Medical Care, As Well As Support For Our Patients, Their Families And Caregivers, Regardless Of Age, Race, Creed, Diagnosis, Or Ability To Pay.